New but Not

This is a discussion on New but Not within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey there, I have been an android user for over a year now...I have a LG Motion and for some strange reason, I Can not ...

Thread: New but Not

New but Not

Hey there, I have been an android user for over a year now...I have a LG Motion and for some strange reason, I Can not FIGURE OUT how to dump my sd card and some of my (which Im not even sure what) internal memory into my laptop.....I can not even update some of my apps on my phone because I have run out of space!!! Another part of this question is: once I do figure this out, when my photos are down or uploading ( see how tec UNSAVVY I am?)....anyways, when they go into my laptop...what about the pics I have in a 'hidden app for pics' ? I somehow put some pics in using an app that I have since deleted, called Air Droid....but Im not even sure if all my pics went to my pc...and when I finished, they were all still on my phone....but not the app containing my 'hidden' pics....IM SOOOO FREAKIN LOST. Hope someone can explain to me in laymans terms how to do all this before I try an Iphone...people keep telling me they are sooo much easier....I indeed need easy. Thank you

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

223 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    You should be able to simply connect your phone to your laptop and drag and drop the files. Make sure you've gone into system settings and enabled usb debugging. (It may be called something else on your device, but it needs to be enabled in order for you to transfer your data)
    It also sounds like you need to uninstall some of your apps as well. I don't keep any apps on my phone that I don't use on a regular basis. (at least every week or two) You're simply taking up space and slowing your phone down.
    You should also set up a drop box acct (it's free) and have your photos and music automatically backed up to the cloud. Also, don't keep pictures or music on your phone that you don't regularly listen to or look at.
    As for retrieving your lost photos....simply redownload the app you used to hide them, log back in, and they "should" show back up.

I wouldn't say Apple is that much "easier", you just need to learn to use your phone smarter. Don't download everything under the sun, keep apps to a minimum and regularly transfer your photos to the cloud or your pc. Also, it doesn't hurt to reboot your phone every couple of days.
    In your case it might be a good idea to back up your device, (contacts, apps, etc) do a factory data reset, then start from scratch.
    Good luck and holler if you have any questions.

67 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Looks like CR6 has ya headed in the right direction - good luck!
    The beatings will continue until moral new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site:

329 times
    Welcome to the site.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links