Trying to Stay Ahead of the Technology Curve

This is a discussion on Trying to Stay Ahead of the Technology Curve within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hay all, actually I'm already behind the curve, I'm just trying to keep up enough to not totally lose sight of the curve fading into ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CJM
  • 1 Post By CR6
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears

Thread: Trying to Stay Ahead of the Technology Curve

Trying to Stay Ahead of the Technology Curve

Hay all, actually I'm already behind the curve, I'm just trying to keep up enough to not totally lose sight of the curve fading into the distance. I graduated from high school during The Summer Of LOVE 1967. Just got my first smart phone, a samsung galaxy S2 4G. I love it and the many new things I am learning I can do with it. For starters I've been going to You Tube for some tutorials, wondering if there are other site resources for learning out there. Also wondering if there is a location function to find my phone if I say, lose it on the golf course or while west coast swing dancing with my wife. Also I am wondering why my battery continues to depletes when it is just sitting overnight. I don't want to power it off, I'm thinking I am forgetting to shut off wifi, I'll be sure to double check tonight. I think I'm getting a 0 apps running report before I shut the screen off for the night but in the am the battery charge is significantly less than when I went to bed. Any and all comments and information on this Brave New World will be appreciated.

Thanks, an Old Timer

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum Paddyman, from another 1967 graduate!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

aboard!!! I use this app to find my phone. In fact, I used it last night to find it in my own living room.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...NlcmJlcnVzIl0.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Welcome to the forum!

tap'n

Thanks, awesome site, just what I was looking for.

Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new device and you are gonna be just fine ...
    The beatings will continue until moral improves...my new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site: www.droidxforums.com

Welcome to the site.

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Quote Originally Posted by paddyman View Post
    Hay all, actually I'm already behind the curve, I'm just trying to keep up enough to not totally lose sight of the curve fading into the distance. I graduated from high school during The Summer Of LOVE 1967. Just got my first smart phone, a samsung galaxy S2 4G. I love it and the many new things I am learning I can do with it. For starters I've been going to You Tube for some tutorials, wondering if there are other site resources for learning out there. Also wondering if there is a location function to find my phone if I say, lose it on the golf course or while west coast swing dancing with my wife. Also I am wondering why my battery continues to depletes when it is just sitting overnight. I don't want to power it off, I'm thinking I am forgetting to shut off wifi, I'll be sure to double check tonight. I think I'm getting a 0 apps running report before I shut the screen off for the night but in the am the battery charge is significantly less than when I went to bed. Any and all comments and information on this Brave New World will be appreciated.

Thanks, an Old Timer
    Hello and welcome to the Android.net!

To answer your questions,

1. It depends on what tutorials you are looking for. If you're trying to find tutorials on how to use your phone to it's extend, there are many tech websites that have tutorials on how to get the most out of your phone. If you have specific questions, try asking them here and we'll see hoe ee can help. If you're still a beginner, this article should help you out.

2. CJM posted a good service that should help you here, but if it won't satisfy you, you can find more services on Google Play store by using the search. I used to use Lookout before I bought a new phone. (The new phone has such a feature preinstalled.)

3. You mentioned this is your first smartphone, right? :D That's what people tend yo notice at first days - the battery consumption. You see, unlike old mobile phones, smartphones are always busy processing all the tasks even if you're not doing much with your phone. It allows you to load several processes simultaneously greatly improving your multitasking. If you want to make your battery last longer, disable features and services that you don't use, disable unneeded apps so they would not run in background and try to keep the brightness lower (but comfortable). However, although many apps will advertise as great battery savers, I suggest you not to use any task killers as they interrupt Android's work. Let it kill apps by itself.

If you have any more questions, be sure to ask them and we'll try our best to answer them!
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links