Bonjour

This is a discussion on Bonjour within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello, I look forward to hearing about your G2 experiences and possibly sharing my own. I've been using an iPod touch and pay as you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonjour

Bonjour

Hello,
    I look forward to hearing about your G2 experiences and possibly sharing my own.

I've been using an iPod touch and pay as you go phone but have been following Android for a while now. I'm about to go with Android on TMo but haven't picked a phone yet. I'm pretty much thinking of the G2, N1 or possibly waiting for the myTouchG4. I'm not accustomed to a keypad, but like the idea of HSPA+ in the G2 and vanilla Froyo. The N1 would be fine except for the lack of HSPA+. I hear that the G4 will be awesome hardware but saddled with Sense.

I'd be grateful for any guidance and experiences you can share.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

welcome to the board the G2 and the nexus one are both great phones to use

My friend with a Nexus is jealous of my G2 - the G4 will be an awesome phone also, but I jumped for the G2 for $99 at Costco. I also see they are under $150 at Wal-Mart.

I just saw that Costco has the G2 for $49 until 11/03. That is extremely tempting. I generally avoid contracts, so I was planning on buying the phone, but this price may be too good to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by db1911 View Post
    I just saw that Costco has the G2 for $49 until 11/03. That is extremely tempting. I generally avoid contracts, so I was planning on buying the phone, but this price may be too good to pass on.

no more contracts for me i like the cheaper plans also

$49 only for new customer, not upgrade - and I love Costco but hate their policy of charging sales tax on pre-discount price... Does anyone know if that is even legal?

Do they do that universally? I just heard yesterday that the state of California was requiring vendors of cell phones to do that in an attempt to raise revenue. According to the report on NPR, it was contrary to tax code, but allowed by tax regulations. In other words, the administrative branch of government has decided to break the law in order to raise taxes. I wasn't aware that Costco was doing this.

I have yet to run the numbers to see if the $49 deal is cheaper than paying full price and having a cheaper monthly payment over the course of two years.

It has been Costco's policy for years, with any rebate, to charge tax on the pre-rebate price. I find it annoying, and while I am sure the State will never complain, I think they do it just to go the extra mile (at the customers expense.) If anyone can cite law here, I am all ears...

See
    http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/reg1671-1.pdf
    Retailers have been charging tax on 'pre-rebate' (retail cost) for years.

I think I get it now, Costco does this to appease tax- hungry California. I do not live there, but I guess they just make it a corporate policy for their convenience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links