Android.net: In response to Verizon Iphone and possible dwindling of Droid community?

This is a discussion on Android.net: In response to Verizon Iphone and possible dwindling of Droid community? within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I have learned a lot thanks to all the great forums. My hope is that this site is not merely a response to the Verizon ...

Thread: Android.net: In response to Verizon Iphone and possible dwindling of Droid community?

Android.net: In response to Verizon Iphone and possible dwindling of Droid community?

I have learned a lot thanks to all the great forums. My hope is that this site is not merely a response to the Verizon Iphone and the fact that Verizon may not devote the resources to keeping the Droid commmunity happy with the best phones and service available and therefore Droidforums.net would suffer. I don't care for Iphones or anything Apple for that matter. I do feel a little disappointed that the partnership with Motorola may not be as strong now with Verizon. I really hope Verizon doesn't turn their back on us. Seems to me like Verizon is turning their back on the OS that competed honorably with the Iphone for so long. I'm all for the Iphone on Verizon. I believe competition is healthy. My issue would not be with the Verizon Iphone at all. My only issue would be that the Android phones at Verizon suffer as a result. The Bionic is a joke in light of the Atrix at AT&T. Its laughable that it wouldn't have the full 1 gig of Ram when we all know the technology is there and simply withheld from us. Who wants the greatest 2nd best phone? It seems so political that they would withhold true greatness from us as they bow down to the Apple gods. They basically made a deal with AT&T to get the Iphone and in return give up the top Android phone. If they don't redeem themselves in the next few months I will be switching. Hence the need for this site. The more I learn about rooting and enjoying Project Elite on my Droid the more I learn that Motorola may not be the best option down the road anyways with locked bootloaders. I'm hoping Verizon will redeem themselves with something like an HTC dual core 1.2 Ghz monster this summer. Thats about as long as I can wait. Maybe multi cores are not that far off if Iphone 5 is speculated to have one. Anyways, thanks to the android community I'm content with my 1.1ghz Droid running Project Elite 4.1 for now.
    FastLane

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi fastlane.....android.net is in response to the ever growing popularity of Android devices across all carriers. Its a one stop shop for all the combined devices while DF's will continue to thrive under the Verizon/Droid umbrella.

Your concerns with VZW putting Android in the back seat is a valid one. Personally I don't see them doing that seeing that it is continuing to grow and eat up market share.

As far as the Bionic being a "joke" compared to the Atrix I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion but if it's because of the webtop application that is a GREAT feature (not that I would use it) If you look into the issue of RAM you have to remember the Atrix is running 2 OS's at the same time so it needs the extra RAM to run the other OS. I believe it's a push between these 2 devices. The Bionic is an excellent device and I can pretty much lay my reputation (what little I have) on the line that the performance differences between the 2 will be negligible. If anything the Bionic MAY perform better because it doesn't have to manage a whole other OS.
    Sent from my Droid

Yeah, the numbers we have been seeing with Android are way to high. I don't think that will happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Hi fastlane.....android.net is in response to the ever growing popularity of Android devices across all carriers. Its a one stop shop for all the combined devices while DF's will continue to thrive under the Verizon/Droid umbrella.

Your concerns with VZW putting Android in the back seat is a valid one. Personally I don't see them doing that seeing that it is continuing to grow and eat up market share.

As far as the Bionic being a "joke" compared to the Atrix I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion but if it's because of the webtop application that is a GREAT feature (not that I would use it) If you look into the issue of RAM you have to remember the Atrix is running 2 OS's at the same time so it needs the extra RAM to run the other OS. I believe it's a push between these 2 devices. The Bionic is an excellent device and I can pretty much lay my reputation (what little I have) on the line that the performance differences between the 2 will be negligible. If anything the Bionic MAY perform better because it doesn't have to manage a whole other OS.
    Sent from my Droid

I didn't read up too much on the atrix as soon as I learned its for at&t what are the two os's I know one is android and the other

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android.net App

The webtop is a linux OS.

Sent from my Droid

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    Wish atrix was on vzw. (Frown)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Twitter
    droidforums
    Android.net has been in the works for some time with the intentions to be a world wide forum to cover all Android Phones. The Droid community is stronger then it's ever been and we are all looking forward to the next generation of Droids and other Verizon android phones due out this year.. However, as the Android OS becomes more popular and more mobile carriers and manufacturers adopt this technology we want to make sure there is a great home for those users as well. When I think how far the Android OS has come since the early days of the T-Mobile G1 and where we are now, it's just amazing. We have a great road ahead of us with this technology!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links