New & Basically Clueless :)!

This is a discussion on New & Basically Clueless :)! within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey everyone.. My names Alana & I just bought my first Android phone. I have a MyTouch 3G Slide which I'm in love with. My ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New & Basically Clueless :)!

Android Lurker italiaprincess13's Avatar

Talking New & Basically Clueless :)!

Hey everyone.. My names Alana & I just bought my first Android phone. I have a MyTouch 3G Slide which I'm in love with. My one issue has been with the actual device itself. Have t-mobile who I've had no problem with. But my phone has been acting up since day one. So after WEEKS of trying to fix the possible issues, I told t-mobile I just want a replacement. The one thing that I'm worried about is possibly having the same issues all over again. My husband also has the MyTouch 3G Slide & hes had n day@ the same o issue with it. We got them the same place. I'm worried that it may not have been the phone but maybe an app I downloaded. How do you know which apps are safe & which ones to avoid?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    verwon
    I'm not familiar with that phone, so I've no idea what may have caused your issues, but there are some security products on the market that can help. I use Lookout, it has a free and paid version and scans each app, after it downloads.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo

Howdy italianprincess, and welcome to the forum!
    We'll need a bit more info to begin troubleshooting, like can you describe 'acting up'? Are you getting unresponsive touchscreen or buttons, surfing slowly, getting force closes (FC's) on apps? We also need to know how much memory you have available, and what apps you've downloaded and tried, etc. We CAN help, especially if it's not a hardware issue, which would require a replacement.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    to the forum!

Yes, please provide us with as much information as you can so we can help you better.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Welcome aboard! Like they've mentioned above, give us a little more detail and we'll try to get ya fixed up.

Android Lurker italiaprincess13's Avatar

Smile

At first it was little things like the internet acting up & force closes on a few apps here & there. But its gotten progressively worse as the weeks went on. I would tap on my contacts icon on the homepage & it would bring me to my settings or I would tap the messages icon & it would bring me to Facebook. I would be playing a game ( jewels for example) & if someone called me, I would tap answer & the screen would go black. The screen wouldn't come back on no matter what I did.. pressing/holding down the lock key, tapping screen.. anything. All that would b happening is my LED light would be blinking, notifying me that someone was trying to get thru & the phone would keep ringing/or vibrating. The only way to fix it was to take out my battery then turn my phone back on. This happened 4 or 5 times randomly. My phone could be on the table & working fine the last time I used it then do the same thing as before. Then it started force closings everything I had downloaded. It would also say I was connected to my gmail acct & that it had synced my contacts but never actually did. I did a master reset on it a few nights ago & all that changed was my intent which was moving a little quicker. I can't remember all the apps I've downloaded but most were wallpaper, joke apps, picture editing tools, a few games, and GoSMS along with some fonts. But I installed that app just a few days ago after I had done the master reset. So I called t-mobile back for the 8th time in 2 wks & told them I was done dealing with all these problems & to send me out a replacement phone. We have been waiting since Feb.27th for our froyo 2.2 update. We have been running off of the 2.1 version. I don't know if any of this is gonna help you try to figurw out what's been going on with my phone. I'm just worried about it happening all over again if I download an unsecure app on the new phone. If you have any suggestions on a safe app that works as a security feature on my phone & scans for anything harmful, I would appreciate it. Sorry for the drawn out reply, but as you can see, theres a lot going on with my 3G slide. Thank you.

to the forum.

As for a security app you don't really need one but there is a new app that checks the permissions of all the apps you have installed that might help. All your problems could be from a faulty phone. Sometimes one gets out. There are also virus and malware scanning apps but like I said you don't really need one.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Android Enthusiast switchedgear's Avatar
    Do a battery pull.

Beamed up to earthlings from my droidx.

That version is also less resource-efficient than later builds, so I'd actually recommend an app killer (like TasKiller free) to judiciously zap apps..sometimes you can even narrow down to a troublesome app by process of elimination (literally! ). Some apps are simply buggy..I should know, as a beta tester for some commercial Android apps..they release despite our warnings! :O
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I'd say you did the right thing. It sounds like the hardware is a bit toasty as well as the software not working right. Hopefully the replacement phone will do you right.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links