New! and from banned Iran :(

This is a discussion on New! and from banned Iran :( within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi I'm samira and I've recently purchased my lovely htc Aria. Unfortunately from here where I live, Iran, i cannot download or even purchase different ...

Thread: New! and from banned Iran :(

Question New! and from banned Iran :(

Hi
    I'm samira and I've recently purchased my lovely htc Aria. Unfortunately from here where I live, Iran, i cannot download or even purchase different applications from Android Market. They say Iran is of those countries which is banned. So i found another site to dl applications. But not all of them work proper, like Y! Messenger.
    Now i have another problem. I have a file of ".jar" type and there's no suitable application to run that.

All these gave me a second thought that was it a good decision buying htc (esp Aria) which is not supported in my country?
    So i joined this forum to find ways to get the most of my cellphone.. especially to see if there is an application which runs .jar files.

Thank you for having me here

Samira

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm sure we can identify an app that can do what you need, but that's all we'll be able to do. You'll have to find it yourself, I'm afraid.

Oh, welcome to our community!

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    to the forum! Glad to see you!

I'm not sure how useful an app to run the .jar files will be for you, but I'm sure someone around here knows what you'd need. You might want to go look in the developer area and maybe ask one of them if they know of anything that will help.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Quote Originally Posted by samira View Post
    Hi
    I'm samira and I've recently purchased my lovely htc Aria. Unfortunately from here where I live, Iran, i cannot download or even purchase different applications from Android Market. They say Iran is of those countries which is banned. So i found another site to dl applications. But not all of them work proper, like Y! Messenger.
    Now i have another problem. I have a file of ".jar" type and there's no suitable application to run that.

All these gave me a second thought that was it a good decision buying htc (esp Aria) which is not supported in my country?
    So i joined this forum to find ways to get the most of my cellphone.. especially to see if there is an application which runs .jar files.

Thank you for having me here

Samira
    Hi and welcome to the forum Samira! First off, you would need to find an alternative file other than the .jar file you found. You will need an .apk file.
    Not sure what website you're getting your apps from but you will need to find and download .apk files instead.
    Also be advised that we do not support or allow talk of 3rd party websites that provide pirated apps (meaning paid apps for free)
    You can give the Opera Mobile Store a try. It's available in over 200 countries.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and we'll try to assist you accordingly.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Welcome to the forum.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links