New to forum

This is a discussion on New to forum within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello all. I'm new to the forum but not to android. I've recently switched from the LS670 to the VM670(cheaper). I'm very interested in developing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to forum

New to forum

Hello all. I'm new to the forum but not to android. I've recently switched from the LS670 to the VM670(cheaper). I'm very interested in developing and or porting roms to the Optimus V. Any info on where to look and or how to do this would be appreciated.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by vegetajin8 View Post
    Hello all. I'm new to the forum but not to android. I've recently switched from the LS670 to the VM670(cheaper). I'm very interested in developing and or porting roms to the Optimus V. Any info on where to look and or how to do this would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Out of curiosity, any difference in service between Sprint and VM? I've never had Sprint, but had the V on VM and the service was fine some days, and horrible others - had to reboot or toggle airplane on/off to get 3G back.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Welcome to the forum. You can learn about development in our android development section. Take a look into the beginner development section first. A lot of helpful information there.

To answer your second question, there is a guy on xda that's ported CM7 to the Opt. V - it runs pretty well. He was able to get incoming MMS working (wasn't before on CM7). If you google "lg optimus v cm7" it should be the first to pop up. I also know Android Central has some roms/devs over there, as well as Android Forums. We need to get some of that over here...

Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    To answer your second question, there is a guy on xda that's ported CM7 to the Opt. V - it runs pretty well. He was able to get incoming MMS working (wasn't before on CM7). If you google "lg optimus v cm7" it should be the first to pop up. I also know Android Central has some roms/devs over there, as well as Android Forums. We need to get some of that over here...
    I know I'm using it as we speak. Its a great rom. Been using it for a while now.

Welcome to the forum! Out of curiosity, any difference in service between Sprint and VM? I've never had Sprint, but had the V on VM and the service was fine some days, and horrible others - had to reboot or toggle airplane on/off to get 3G back.
    Vm runs off sprint towers. But since android is new to vm the recepiton isn't as good as sprints. But I can live with that for 25 a month lol

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You can learn about development in our android development section. Take a look into the beginner development section first. A lot of helpful information there.
    Thanks for the info I will check it out.

Yeah the $25/month is pretty darn irresistible...

Are there any major issues with the latest CM7 on the Opt V - I haven't flashed it yet...

Yeah the $25/month is pretty darn irresistible...

Are there any major issues with the latest CM7 on the Opt V - I haven't flashed it yet...
    I noticed if using xionia recovery it force closes apps alot. If you do flash use the latest clockwork 3.0.2.8. So far I've had very little problems. Bluetooth for calling dont work but I don't use Bluetooth calling. But a really good 2.2 rom is Harmonia it works well fast and smooth. And everything works on it.

Last edited by vegetajin8; 05-11-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Twitter
    @SteadyHawkin
    Good to have you with us, welcome to the site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links