New android user

This is a discussion on New android user within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Recently switched from older windows phone to an LG optimus S 2.2.2. What a difference. I can do things I always tried to do with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New android user

Question New android user

Recently switched from older windows phone to an LG optimus S 2.2.2. What a difference. I can do things I always tried to do with window phone but couldn't. That's great, but I do miss a lot of the functions of the dash 3g. I know I'm behind the times but I don't really have a lot of extra money to spend so I'm basically stuck with whatever I can get my hands on for cheap. From what I've read having root access would give me a lot more control over my phone. I'm not there yet, far from it. I'm not very tech savvy. Although I would like to have more control of this phone. Is this phone already outdated? I have a chance to get an evo for $150 since I'm a new customer to sprint. It might be more wise to go that route so I could be a bit more caught up. For now I'm just trying to get used to the android platform. I'm not totally sure which apps to kill and which to keep running. Especially the browser, do I kill it when I'm done using it or leave it running? Also browser leaves up to ten windows open which I have to go and close constantly. Is there a setting where I can change that. I haven't found one yet. I've had the phone for two weeks and it's still working good. I've got lots of neat stuff on it from the market. I just need to learn the basics before I move on to any more advanced operations.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First Welcome to the forum. Second I started reading your post and decided to grab my laptop to respond. Now as far as your phone and rooting I would recommend not to root your phone for a couple different reasons. First, you don't want to without knowing more about it. Second, as a Sprint customer it voids your warranty and if anything happens to your phone they won't help. Now as far as the Lg and the Evo... I would return it and get the Evo and my reason for saying this is the LG has had problems for Sprint. Evo is more up to date and really great phone but, on the 24th of June they are releasing the Evo 3D. You MUST exchange your phone prior to thirty days after your signing of your contract.

Thanks, I will probably do the upgrade. It only makes sense. Can you tell me about the browser for the LG?

Sent from my LS670 using Android.net

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Do you mean web browser or do you mean the OS interface?
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Web browser. I'm not sure what the operating system interface is. Is that like all the system apps that came with the phone?

What do you want to know about the web browser. Also, don't forget there was 31 days in May. And when you get that Evo I suggest going to Sprint's homepage forward slash learn. It helps with learning things about your phone.

I guess you guys answered my question about the browser when you gave me that info about the task killer. That I should just let everything run and let the os do all the work. I did that. Now my phone is running much smoother. That's so different than what I'm used to. Really cool!

Ok good. Remember sprint.com/learn for some background about your phone or any other sprint phone.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Andy (the Android -- think Robby the Robot) is pretty smart.

The web browser works pretty well, all things considered, and there are plenty of replacements in the Market that are all pretty good as well.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Welcome to the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links