A500 iconia tab

This is a discussion on A500 iconia tab within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi everyone I need some help. I have been waiting 2 days for technical support to give me an answer to my problem, up until ...

Thread: A500 iconia tab

A500 iconia tab

Hi everyone

I need some help. I have been waiting 2 days for technical support to give me an answer to my problem, up until 2 days ago my tablet has been great, I recieved a message 2 days ago saying I had an update, it had the manager logo so though just an update to accept. Since I accepted my tablet seems to have shut dow, does not accept the rechange power suppy, battery is showing 15%, but I am unable to open my tablet. The power on/pff button is showing RED not the normal white when in operation mode. The battery charger has been connected for 24 hours and still ony showing 15% Charging. Has any one else had this problem and if so did you manage to find the solution out of the proble.

John

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    It sounds like you need to get after tech support because I think that update gave you a bad kernel and possibly bricked your tablet.

Try pulling the battery (if you have access to it) and waiting at least 30 seconds before putting it back in then trying to boot into recovery. If you can get that far there may be hope. Good luck!
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I agree. Pull battery and see what happens. I would contact tech support 4 or 5 times a day until they did something.

Thanks

Appreciate you help, I think you maybe right the download caused this issue, and tech help is where I shall next go., Unable to access battery case, but again thanks for the reply.

John, Marbella, Spain

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    It sounds like you need to get after tech support because I think that update gave you a bad kernel and possibly bricked your tablet.

Try pulling the battery (if you have access to it) and waiting at least 30 seconds before putting it back in then trying to boot into recovery. If you can get that far there may be hope. Good luck!

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    welcome. Head over to our tablet forum Android Tablet Forum for more in depth tab help and to see if anyone else experienced your issues. Or also check out our dedicated site Acer Android Tablet Forum

Thank you

I will try this forum, I live in Spain and am also unable to call the UK brach of technical support as will not allow me to access premium lines from here, I have asked for an international number from Acer but as of yet no reply to my problem, it has been 5 days now, and they said I would get a reply within 24 hours. Thanks for you help Droid-Xer

Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    welcome. Head over to our tablet forum Android Tablet Forum for more in depth tab help and to see if anyone else experienced your issues. Or also check out our dedicated site Acer Android Tablet Forum

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links