Back to my rock

This is a discussion on Back to my rock within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Ok. Maybe i'll go to t-mobile and maybe they can clean up or replace the batt. I guess I shouldn't download any boosters or managers.why ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back to my rock

Ok. Maybe i'll go to t-mobile and maybe they can clean up or replace the batt. I guess I shouldn't download any boosters or managers.why are there so many apps if they're useless? And all this rooting going on: are you all computer programmers? And what about the warranties? Are you all that good that that don't matter? Did you all go to ITT? Anyway, thank-you guys.I wish I could just send my phone to one of you and have you do your thing. Plus, I don't care that much about the warranty. I can always buy a new better phone. Later.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Android.net

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    RE: Boosters:

Most of them do things you can do anyway. The majority run all the time and actually hurt your battery life. Some of them are just placebos. Any that charge money are there just to make money for the developers.

As for rooting, we all have our reasons for it. There are many good reasons to root it and many good reasons not to. The biggest reason not to is the warranty issue -- warranty's only good for a year anyway, and insurance doesn't care. All they want is your co-pay. The second biggest reason is the security hole you open up by rooting.

Anyway, I hope T-Mo fixes the problem for you!
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Thank you. I think i'm gonna get a htc desire. My friend has one and its bad-ass. From the heart,thank you both.

I agree with fuzzy about rooting and boosters. The htc desire is a great phone. I suggested the Samsung exhibit is the fact it's 4g and has a decent amount of memory and a 1Ghz processor. If your phone is less than two weeks old it should be no problem swapping it out.

Its 2 months old. I learned t-mobile won't let me upgrade for 10 more months. I got an attitude and uninstalled everything with the uninstall option. Didn't care what happened. As you can imagine, I really screwed some stuff up. The phone and messaging were gone, with "android.com phone" and mms" and "no sim card" and no service pop-ups everywhere.I thought I was holding a glorified paper weight at that point. Almost threw-up realizing my stupidity went too far. Finally, between all the pop-ups, I got to "privacy" settings and did the factory reset despite the warnings. After replacing a few things that were now gone (surprisingly very few), this baby is working freakin' awesome. Very fast, haven't charged it in the 12 or so hours since all that, and haven't received any ads about a slow phone or the battery draining too fast. And I didn't lose any music or pictures. What a better day it is! I guess we'll never know what the culprit was, but it's gone! Thanks guys

Last edited by furbearingmammal; 07-17-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: No profanity; even censored profanity.

That's great! Glad it worked for you.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    You had some really bad apps installed, from the sounds of things. Glad you got your phone running again, though!
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

As far as ITT goes no I have not gone there. I have been in community college for PC Technical Support.

I was a carpenter for 23 years before a fall put me in a wheelchair (made of titanium hence "titanoman"). Should have went to computer school instead. Anyway, can somebody tell me what "ifm" strands for? Its using 218mb on my sd card, in between music and music downloads (?). My phone is running awesome but I really am curious. P.S.: can you please tell me where I'm supposed to be writing this kind of stuff? I feel really stupid 'cause this doesn't seem right.

Last edited by titanoman; 07-18-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    In order to do most of that you'll have to root, which voids your warranty, so...

Your system is running a lot of stuff in the background, sounds like, and it's eating your battery alive. Cell standby accounting for 16% of your battery loss is a bit high, too.
    Right now my phone is running very fast no problems. But you said cell standby using 16% of the battery was high; right now it's using 38%. I'm using wi/fi, don't ever sleep. I read somewhere this phone doesn't switch between network and wi/fi by itself, hence I just drag the notification bar down and click on the wi/fi emblem to enable it. Am I supposed to change anything else? Why is standby using so much juice when I'm sitting 10 feet from my router. I thought wi/fi used less battery than network because it stays locked to the signal. Sorry if I'm not making a lot of sense. Thanx for all your help. You guys have gotten me through some tough times. Like I told slag it!, i'm just a busted up old carpenter playing catch-up with the tech.of today. Now, about 2 hours later, nothing has changed except cell standby is up to 43%.

Last edited by titanoman; 07-19-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links