New to android phones, now just waiting on my Samsung Galaxy SII to arrive....

This is a discussion on New to android phones, now just waiting on my Samsung Galaxy SII to arrive.... within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi everyone. I'm new to the world of android phones and apps and hoping I can use this site to find out as much info ...

Thread: New to android phones, now just waiting on my Samsung Galaxy SII to arrive....

New to android phones, now just waiting on my Samsung Galaxy SII to arrive....

Hi everyone. I'm new to the world of android phones and apps and hoping I can use this site to find out as much info regarding hints and tips and useful apps for my phone, before it arrive tomorrow (or Wednesday at the latest)

Been wanting an android smartphone phone for a few years but money being what it was, and me not being able to get a contract phone I had to settle for something else.

I'm not the most technically minded at all but I do love my gadgets and the thought of having a phone with apps and widgets that over time I could learn to easily customise (won't ever be rooting it, my hubby would have a fit if I did that lol) is so appealing to me.

I live with a man who is more then happy with a talk and text phone that has an alarm function and that's about it, so when he said he had no objections to me getting this phone (it is my choice at the end of the day but we always discuss big purchases together) I was over the moon

He even said that if my job situation gets to the point where my job is made permanent then in 12months time he will take over my phone and I can get a newer one (I'm sure the S3 or S4 or higher will be out by then) it will be on contract too, so we are both using similar phones with similar deals hopefully (think the internet and TV on the go and the games on these phones are really starting to appeal to him at last, well I certainly hope so lol.)

Anyway that's about it for now (sorry for going on) Now we play the waiting game (I feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting for it to finally be Christmas day lol)
    Last edited by zebredy; 08-01-2011 at 11:16 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum glad you joined. Nice phone on it's way for your first android. I know about the waiting game. Been waiting to upgrade my phone since March!
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 08-01-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Welcome to the forum glad you joined. Nice phone on it's way for your first android. I know about the waiting game. Been waiting to upgrade since March!
    Thanks for the welcome I sure hope its a nice phone as I was like a iPhone fan boy in some ways. Always wanted a HTC and pretty much ruled everything else out, until I read a topic and a few other sites stating how much better the SGS2 was and that it was faster and came with more internal memory. Plus I'm very accident prone and heard that HTC repair centre is poo and didn't want to risk it with my past history of damaging phones

I can understand that. You may want to get an "Otter box" if you drop your phone. It's a very good investment. However, your trade off is the slim streamline of phone for the wonderful protection an Otter Box offers.

Thanks will have a look into that, my old phone it seems is going to look about 2-3times as fat so adding a little extra size to the phone to help ensure safety is a price I'm willing to pay..

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Welcome to android!

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zebredy View Post
    Thanks will have a look into that, my old phone it seems is going to look about 2-3times as fat so adding a little extra size to the phone to help ensure safety is a price I'm willing to pay..
    When I put an Otterbox Defender on my Samsung Omnia I stopped dropping it. Not only did the extra thickness help hold it better but the tactile of the rubber outer shell helped even more .
    Welcome to Android and this forum

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links