Greetz!

This is a discussion on Greetz! within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Well, after a couple months with an iPhone 3G I was given, and playing with my wife's iPhone 4 for the past year or so, ...

Thread: Greetz!

Smile Greetz!

Well, after a couple months with an iPhone 3G I was given, and playing with my wife's iPhone 4 for the past year or so, I decided to take the plunge and get an Android phone instead...

Gotta say, it's not nearly as friendly out-of-the-box and I've had to muddle about with a few things so far, something I was hoping to leave behind after constantly fighting with Windows Mobile 6 phones for the last 3+ years. Honestly, not terribly impressed with some of the app selection vs. what I've got on my iPhone 3G, either.

But, I'm a tinkerer at heart and refuse to let technology get the best of me, so I'm gonna make this thing work the way I want come hell or high water! And in fairness, this HTC Desire HD is a really sweet piece of hardware.

And so I'm off to post a couple questions in the appropriate places.

(BTW, for the time being, I'd really like to avoid any solutions that require rooting or substantial app changes... would like to get used to this thing before I start hacking it up!)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    to the forum!

Yeah, totally understand. Here's a thought -- try installing an aftermarket launcher like ADW or Launcher Pro. Reason I'm suggesting this is I think that the vanilla Android feeling you get from these launchers is easier to get used to than ANY custom UI like HTC's Sense or Motorola's MotoBlur that's so hated Moto has stopped mentioning it. There's a reason it's not-so-affectionately known as MotoBloat.

Anyway, you'll have to set your phone back up some, but that's not too bad to do and if you don't like it you just uninstall the launcher and BAM! you're right back to where you were before you set the launcher back up with no loss of app data.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    alostpacket
    Welcome

Welcome to the forum Soundy!

tap'n

Android Sr Member Hawaiian Princess's Avatar
    welcome to the forum
    Swyped with an ALOHA from Hawaii

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/