EllO

This is a discussion on EllO within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; So I'm pretty new to this stuff and have a feeling I'm going to be an addict to this place so please be patient. Ok ...

Thread: EllO

EllO

So I'm pretty new to this stuff and have a feeling I'm going to be an addict to this place so please be patient. Ok so the other day I rooted my phone using gingerbreak all is fine but today my virus scanner says my superuser is infected and my phone doesn't seem to be as quick. I did some reading on the infected part for myself but still not sure what to do it is there an issue and if so can I get some assistance . So I decided to come here u guys no ur ish tySent from my Vortex using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum. And delete the virus scanner. Then make sure you download apps from android market and turn off third party install.

Android Sr Member Hawaiian Princess's Avatar
    welcome to the forum
    Swyped with an ALOHA from Hawaii

Twitter
    fish1552
    Like SlagIt said, I personally would remove the scanner. Often times, those things will see root files as virus files. Why? Because the virus will attempt to give itself admin permissions (in Androids case - root access) and of course, the scanner is going to tell you it detects them, which is technically what the app is designed to do.
    As long as you are careful and don't install from untrusted third party sources, you are just as safe. Because like it or not, even apps like LookOut (designed for virus, malware, etc) didn't catch the malware on the market until a few days after it happened - and on the same day Google pulled the 500 apps from the marketplace.

I found too that the anti-virus software (in my case Lookout) slowed my phone down, most likely because it kept watching the root files and having a conflict with them. Once I took it off, things went back to normal.

OK thank u all for the welcome and advice. I have a good feeling this wont be my last question

Sent from my Vortex using Android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links