Noob from NJ, USA

This is a discussion on Noob from NJ, USA within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi, All: An avid ASUS fan here from Neptune, NJ (US of A). I got mine on Monday, 2011-Aug-22. (I was supposed to get it ...

Thread: Noob from NJ, USA

Smile Noob from NJ, USA

Hi, All:

An avid ASUS fan here from Neptune, NJ (US of A).

I got mine on Monday, 2011-Aug-22. (I was supposed to get it on Fri, but I had my headphones on and did not hear the UPS guy ring the doorbell. Grrr.!!!)

Glad to know about this forum.

I am all bummed out about the Netflix issue. One moment the link is available and then, next thing you know, it is gone. (Asus' facebook page explained that "it was all a mistake." The apk was a development version; not a production version; and all links to it were removed.)

I am an android newbie and still figuring out how to take a look at its innards.

Looking for a site for taking an android tablet apart (i.e., figuratively speaking ) and "taking a look inside" and be an "admin" user. Any recommendations?

(And BTW, how do you literally take the Transformer apart? I do not see any screws? Is it ever user serviceable? )

Thanks.

===================
    NB 1:
    Preparing for hurricane Irene. I live close to the central NJ beach; but north of the declared areas of evacuation by Gov Christie. It's relatively safer here at Neptune, NJ; but it helps to be prepared.

NB 2:
    I've been using my Asus Transformer for a few days now and I am finding that any activities that include high interaction with the browser (such as posting this intro post) are painfully sluggish . So I am posting this using my Asus 1215N netbook.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cool Happy noob from NJ, USA!!!

Just an hour ago, I was able to find the latest Netflix build; and after updating my firmware, Netflix works! :excited:

Now, the next project is how to "look inside" the Asus Transformer without wrecking it...
    Last edited by towers1209; 08-26-2011 at 02:42 AM. Reason: typos

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
    Not sure why you would want to open it up though and automatically void the warranty. (Which the manufacturer can easily tell if you've taken it apart so keep that in mind)
    As for the sluggishness of your device, your best bet would be to root it & flash a custom rom. (Which also voids the warranty btw) Not sure of the process on this device though, but hopefully someone else can steer you in the right direction.
    Good luck!

tap'n

Android Sr Member Hawaiian Princess's Avatar
    welcome to the forum
    Swyped with an ALOHA from Hawaii

Twitter
    fish1552
    Welcome to the forum.

Like CR6 said, if you open it, it will void the warranty. However, if you plan on rooting anyway, it's a moot point. TechRepublic has a very detailed tear down and goes step by step just like iFixIt, which strangely enough, seems to be one of the few devices they don't have a tear down for.

**http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/itdojo/asus-eee-pad-transformer-teardown-convoluted-but-3g-ready-internal-design/2833

**Be forewarned, if you use anything off that link, you assume any and all responsibility if you screw something up. And ASUS is unlikely to help you out afterwards once they find out anything has been cracked open.

Ifixit takes apart everything..... Amazing stuff!

tap'n

Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Ifixit takes apart everything..... Amazing stuff!
    Definitely. But like I said, I think this is the one device they haven't......yet.
    When rooting your device, preparation makes all the difference.

I called Sprint & the insurer said no prolem root my phone still covered???I don't get it,I thought they freak for even asking

Sprint does not cover it. They do have a problem. The agent either did not understand or does not know. Root a Sprint phone and then call to see if it's under warranty. If they tell you it is they will probably lose their job sooner or later. Trust me on this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links