Wiz Granny is no Wiz at the Android

This is a discussion on Wiz Granny is no Wiz at the Android within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi. I call myself WizGranny because I am now a grandmother of 8, but being of the Babyboomer generation, I refuse to grow old and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wizgranny8
  • 1 Post By mamawm

Thread: Wiz Granny is no Wiz at the Android

Wiz Granny is no Wiz at the Android

Hi. I call myself WizGranny because I am now a grandmother of 8, but being of the Babyboomer generation, I refuse to grow old and want to keep up with technology, I am not really a wiz at it all, but use positive thinking: "I can learn to do this stuff!" I was one of he best at our school here in England at using the interactive whiteboard before I took early retirement from teaching school because of burn out at age 57. Now I supplement my meager and insufficient actuarily reduced pension by teaching dance and performing at events and parties. I am amazed at what my new Galaxy Mini by Samsung can do, but haven't figured a lot of it out yet. Some things don't work the way the manual says they do, so I don't know if it is my phone that has a problem or if I've got it on certain settings that bloc uses or what. So, primarily, I'm on this forum to learn to maximize the use of my new phone. To start with, it would be every so useful if I could access my full list of contacts when I go to make a phone call! I'm sure if I stay with this forum I'll learn a lot more than that.

The only other geeky thing I need to start learning is using my husband's Canon 100D digital camera because he is a photographer and wants me to learn to use his old camera so I can do backup shots! I have to learn ISO and all sorts of other settings.

My first love is hands on with drums, keyboard, plants, fabrics...real tactile creativity before computing and the like.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm answering my own question! My husband figured the problem must have been that most of my contacts were on my SIM card, not on the phone. So, we did a Google search on how to merge the SIM contents with the phone and found we just had to (1) Go to Contacts (2)Access the menu (3) Touch "Import/Export" and select "Import from SIM card". Presto! All my contacts were downloaded from the SIM card and now when I go to contacts, Voilą!: All my contacts are now listed as they should be. Most likely no one else in the whole world will need this tip because it seems so logical now that we've done it. If it helps you, let me know!
    Droid-Xer likes this.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Hey welcome granny! Thanks for reporting the fix for your issue, I'm sure it'll help someone else in the same situation!

hi, granny, welcome to the site. i have 3 of my 7 grandkids asleep downstairs right now, number 8 will be here in may. glad you solved your contact problem, you might also want to consider importing those sim card contacts to your gmail contacts so they will all be stored in one place in the cloud should you ever need to set them up again.
    Droid-Xer likes this.

Welcome to the site granny. Glad you fixed your problem and came back to report on it. That is how a lot of us learn things around here.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Quote Originally Posted by mamawm View Post
    hi, granny, welcome to the site. i have 3 of my 7 grandkids asleep downstairs right now, number 8 will be here in may. glad you solved your contact problem, you might also want to consider importing those sim card contacts to your gmail contacts so they will all be stored in one place in the cloud should you ever need to set them up again.
    Good advice.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links