Hey I'm new

This is a discussion on Hey I'm new within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey everyone I'm new to Android phones (freed myself from the LG Dare...thank god). I was wondering whats the first thing I want to do ...

Thread: Hey I'm new

Hey everyone I'm new to Android phones (freed myself from the LG Dare...thank god). I was wondering whats the first thing I want to do to start maximizing my performance? which settings to switch, apps to delete, and of course the dreaded, should I root? (especially with the incoming Froyo). Guide in the ways of the Android

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi, welcome to the forum. Have a look around theres lots of good info here. Are you not happy with your phones preformance? The Ally straight out of the box just is what it is. Most enhancements are going to be through software apps and customising. I definetly would get to know your phone, make sure it fits your needs and do some research before you jump into rooting.

Well I've read alot of lag issues with using applications and a touch register being late, due to the low process rate. Personally I'm looking for the best way to get things to run at a smooth fluid pace even if battery life has to take a hit or two

The Ally just is not going to be as snappy as a phone with a faster processor. I played with some of the higher end phones at the store and I noticed this. For me the diffrence was not worth the price difference. The Ally is still very useable. As of right now nobody has been able to overclock the Ally even when rooted. If this does become an option later, accept that there are risks involved and make sure you can afford to take those risks.

Yeah I figured as much... but which options would you suggest turning off

Hi d r, glad you're a member now! With hundreds of topics here organzed into forums,... it's pretty easy to find what you need. This really isn't the right forum for questions.

Spend some time reading the site. All the things you're inquiring about have been discussed already. Some at length.

Thanks Minty it is now day 2 with my Ally and i'm in love. turns out they packaged all the awesome I could ever need into this phone. no need to root

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Supposedly it is now official that the LG Ally will be getting updated to the new version of the Android system (2.2). We don't know when, but for a while we didn't even know IF we were getting it. One of the features of the new 2.2 system is that it claims to be 2x-5x faster and smoother than the current system. So when it releases, it'll really help mid-level phones like the Ally that don't have the most processing power compared to other phones. I would just enjoy the phone for now and look forward to 2.2 if you wish the Ally was a bit faster. Rooting doesn't really do much at this point, you can remove a few preloaded apps and that's about it, haven't heard of anyone overclocking the hardware like people do with the Moto Droid, etc. I rooted my phone and there's no big advantage to doing it because the Ally doesn't have a big custom community like the Droid does.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

It’s sturdy and stays on. It also feels a lot better than the rubbery texture of the skin. Also, the skin (I have the pink one) helps mylg cell stand out from everyone else who has this.

lg env3 skins

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links