ally or droid?

This is a discussion on ally or droid? within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; hello everyone! i am new to this site! i have an upgrade for next month on the 15th and i absolutely love smart phones so ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ally or droid?

hello everyone! i am new to this site! i have an upgrade for next month on the 15th and i absolutely love smart phones so i have decided to try a smart phone that has a touch screen on it and plus the qwerty keyboard just incase the virtual keyboard isn't for me..ha. anyways, my husband has the droid and i like his but i am wanting to know what everyone thinks about the lg ally first before deciding on the droid. please anyone and everyone on this site please send me a message back and give me your review of the lg ally so that way i can decide on which one to get. thanks so much for everyones help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mindytyson3 View Post
    hello everyone! i am new to this site! i have an upgrade for next month on the 15th and i absolutely love smart phones so i have decided to try a smart phone that has a touch screen on it and plus the qwerty keyboard just incase the virtual keyboard isn't for me..ha. anyways, my husband has the droid and i like his but i am wanting to know what everyone thinks about the lg ally first before deciding on the droid. please anyone and everyone on this site please send me a message back and give me your review of the lg ally so that way i can decide on which one to get. thanks so much for everyones help!

That really depends on what is most important to you.

There were two things that made me choose the Ally over the others: Price and Keyboard.

As good as the other phones are, better camera and faster CPU, the lack of a physical keyboard did not justify me paying an extra $150 for it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    That really depends on what is most important to you.

There were two things that made me choose the Ally over the others: Price and Keyboard.

As good as the other phones are, better camera and faster CPU, the lack of a physical keyboard did not justify me paying an extra 0 for it.

ok i want a smart phone that has a keyboard, touch screen, and google talk is very important to have. i talk to my husband thru google talk. ha.

got to have those atleast and the internet of course.

yeap i am hoping to get something discounted since my contract ends next month. anyways thanks for the info.

I don't have Droid experience but I love my Ally and my BFF hates her Droid.

Perhaps this thread in another forum would help.

Droid Vs Ally Post

Please remember some posters may be young and/or overzealous so read the beefs with a grain of salt, and unless they quote sources don't believe rumor and conjecture.

Q

PS- My Ally was FREE **over the Internet** with the 2-year upgrade program and another 2-year commitment. It would have been $49 at the store, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I don't have Droid experience but I love my Ally and my BFF hates her Droid.

Perhaps this thread in another forum would help.

Droid Vs Ally Post

Please remember some posters may be young and/or overzealous so read the beefs with a grain of salt, and unless they quote sources don't believe rumor and conjecture.

Q

PS- My Ally was FREE **over the Internet** with the 2-year upgrade program and another 2-year commitment. It would have been at the store, apparently.

thanks so much for the information. i have contacted verizon and they are coming out with the droid 2 which looks similar to the first droid but its better.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Yeah I was just going to say, wait for the Droid 2. Rumored release date is the 12th.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Blackmetalbuick thanks for the reply. Yes i think i will wait. Thanks again!

If you're not in a hurry I'd even wait till Christmas. I'd wait for a phone with Gingerbread on it.

But still if you wait till Christmas we'll prolly be another 6 months from another quantum leap in cell phone technology, so...ya just get an Ally.

Ok thanks ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    If you're not in a hurry I'd even wait till Christmas. I'd wait for a phone with Gingerbread on it.

But still if you wait till Christmas we'll prolly be another 6 months from another quantum leap in cell phone technology, so...ya just get an Ally.

You are right about that. The average life span for a new smartphone is about 6 months, after that it is obsolete.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links