Traded Droid Eris for it.

This is a discussion on Traded Droid Eris for it. within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello, New to the LG Ally, after a few frustrating months with a Droid Eris. Before Android, I owned several LG phones, my last being ...

Thread: Traded Droid Eris for it.

Android Lurker EmergencyDispatcher's Avatar

New to the LG Ally, after a few frustrating months with a Droid Eris. Before Android, I owned several LG phones, my last being a Voyager. I loved my Voyager. I work (part-time now) as an emergency dispatcher. In that industry you have 47 minutes of boredom, and 13 minutes of sheer terror each hour. Because you are on a protected network, surfing the internet is a big no-no.

So I got a Droid Eris so I could go to facebook, check my e-mail, and you tube. My Eris was fine at first, but the honeymoon cooled quickly. The battery seemed to die in seconds (most of the time the phone was dead by the end of my 12 hour shift, even if I did not use it. Finally, in the middle of a couple of family crisises (a Mom visiting Seattle who had a detached retina and surgery, then a cousin who was killed by a drunk boater) my Eris stopped functioning as a phone. That's right. If I tried to use the phone it locked up. I had to pull the battery and restart it.

After nearly blowing a gasket with the portly manager of my local Verizon Wireless store, I called tech support. They are sending me a Droid Eris to replace mine, and sold me an Ally to keep me as a customer.

So far, and it has only been a couple of days, I love my Ally.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi E D, glad you're a member here, we like Ally users! Perhaps you could give the er...err...eris? a less forunate individual.

The Ally is not the best phone ever assembled but it does most everything well, and you can't beat the slide-out keyboard. And of course, you cannot beat Verizons network.

Just a tip,...I'm sorry I don't have the links handy, but over in the general disc and the help forum, check out the pinned topics. You'll learn how to get the most life out of your battery, and much more involving FAQ's. Also, we have the Ally user guide in help, and find out about the extended life battery over in accessories.

On another note, I'm sorry about the loss of your cousin because of someone being foolish. One moment of stupidity, and an innocent person loses their life The friends and loved ones are left with a sorrow and often despair that they have to deal with, for the rest of their lifes.

I sometimes rag on the members about texting and or using their phones while driving, and this is exactly why.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links