new to this site

This is a discussion on new to this site within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi, I'm Jim, have had my Ally for a couple of months now. I'm happy with the phone for the most part. I have the ...

Thread: new to this site

Hi, I'm Jim, have had my Ally for a couple of months now. I'm happy with the phone for the most part. I have the same issues with battery life and app slowdowns at times that everyone else does, but ATK free helps.

My latest thing is though I have run out of space. I can't install any more apps, I have about 40 installed. I want to install apps to the SD card instead but it doesn't let you specify app location as far as I know. Perhaps I need to root the device to do that. I do have some familiarity with Linux although I wouldn't say that I am sysadmin level or anything. (I'm a Windows sysadmin...)

Also registered at androidforums.com

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by brons2 View Post
    Hi, I'm Jim, have had my Ally for a couple of months now. I'm happy with the phone for the most part. I have the same issues with battery life and app slowdowns at times that everyone else does, but ATK free helps.

My latest thing is though I have run out of space. I can't install any more apps, I have about 40 installed. I want to install apps to the SD card instead but it doesn't let you specify app location as far as I know. Perhaps I need to root the device to do that. I do have some familiarity with Linux although I wouldn't say that I am sysadmin level or anything. (I'm a Windows sysadmin...)

Also registered at androidforums.com

The ability to save apps to the SD card will be made available when we get upgraded to Android 2.2.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    The ability to save apps to the SD card will be made available when we get upgraded to Android 2.2.

You mean, if we get upgraded to 2.2. It's not guaranteed that we will. Rumors say it might not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by brons2 View Post
    You mean, if we get upgraded to 2.2. It's not guaranteed that we will. Rumors say it might not happen.

No, I meant when and not if. The LG Ally will be getting upgraded to Android 2.2 but we don't yet know when. It was confirmed on August 4th by LG that the LG Ally would be getting Android 2.2. LG Pro posted the notification in this forum (LG Ally Will Get Android 2.2) and on LG's forum (LG Ally's Froyo Upgrade). LG Pro works for LG.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links