Text Messaging

This is a discussion on Text Messaging within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I've had my Ally for awhile now, but still can't seem to figure out a couple of things that should be quite simple I belive. ...

Thread: Text Messaging

I've had my Ally for awhile now, but still can't seem to figure out a couple of things that should be quite simple I belive. How can I forward my text messages. The menu does not give you that choice. But once in awhile my phone will pop up all these other choices that includes the forward etc., but it seems to do it because I accidentally touched something on the screen. I can't figure it out! Help! Also, if I get a ringtone or picture through a text, how do I save it. I am assuming the answer could lie with the answer to the above question. And of course, the little booklet that comes with your droid, not helpful!

Thanks!

Debi

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Learn search. These topics are there for you,

The answer to all is Long-Touch opens a menu. Think of long-touch as right-click on a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Learn search. These topics are there for you,

The answer to all is Long-Touch opens a menu. Think of long-touch as right-click on a PC.

I might be a big dummy, but I cannot figure this out. (Trying to save a MP3) I have a mp3 that I sent to myself through email at myphone#@vzwpix.com . When I open the txt, I get the triangle play icon. If i long-touch it, nothing happens. Well it highlights for a few seconds but the highlight goes away. If i short-touch (click) it it plays the mp3.

Try long touching the message and not the icon.
    Motorola Droid 4

I do not use MMS texting. I know there is a solution for it, but I did not pay attention to the details in whatever post that was because I don't use them.

Anyway, since you can E-mail the MP3 instead of texting the sound to yourself, just connect your phone to the computer and move the Ringtone to your Ally! All your sound files can become ringtones or notifications for free with the Ally.

First, check out this File Structure Post on how to arrange your SD Card for sounds, etc. I think this will help! For easy navigation I put Ringtones in "SD Card/Media/Ringtones." You will need to search "Connecting to the Computer" (or variations of that) here in the forums if you don't understand how to connect the phone to the computer to use the computer to create these files on the SD Card. You can also use a File Manager, like "ThinkFree Office" that came with the phone to do this, but the computer will be easier for you, I think.

Now, since your phone is already connected, simply move the MP3 file to the folder "SD Card/Media/Ringtones" with your mouse. This will copy the file to the card.

On the phone, dismount the phone from the computer. If you searched that topic above you should know how to do this.

That's it! Now your phone will recognize this file as a Ringtone in your Ringtone options.

Now that you feel comfortable doing this, also check out the App "Ringdroid" from the market. It can create/record or edit existing songs and save them as Ringtones or Notifications or whatever you want them to be depending on what folder you put them in. Ringdroid will make its own folders for these new sounds. For ease of use in the future, move those files to your designated "Ringtones" or "Notifications" or "Music" folder for your phone to recognize them.

Good luck. I hope this helped.

Thanks for the replies. I will definately check out the file structure post, etc, when I get home and have time to concentrate!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links