Is there a way to zoom fonts on LG Ally

This is a discussion on Is there a way to zoom fonts on LG Ally within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I love the things this LG Ally dose but the fonts are way to small. I am an older person and just had cataracts surgery! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to zoom fonts on LG Ally

I love the things this LG Ally dose but the fonts are way to small. I am an older person and just had cataracts surgery!

Miss my Blackberry it was great for enlarging fonts before texting....

Changed to Verizon from AT&T, though I love the things LG Ally has except the teenie tiny fonts. I saw a Droid size of fonts much better than this little LG ALLY

Even new Samsung Fancinate sounds like another great one if FONTS can be zoomed. Any ideas on this one with fonts for LG Ally. thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well the Droid has a bigger screen so things will look bigger. Also some apps have zoom capabilities and some even have pinch to zoom like the web browser. Other than that I would check the Market for an app that can zoom in on other apps that don't have zoom support, perhaps some sort of visually impaired accessibility app. I'm not sure if such an app exists but it cant hurt to search. Good luck.

The only app on the market that I have seen that can increase fonts for other apps is called Text Size. However, it only works if the phone is rooted.
    Motorola Droid 4

Please explain what rooted means, I am electronics ignorant. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SicTexan View Post
    Please explain what rooted means, I am electronics ignorant. Thanks

Minty gave a good description in this thread: Tether Without Root
    Motorola Droid 4

Read the thread, seemed to migrate toward being hooked to my PC.

As a phone, can I increase the font size of the Text Messages? Either as bought or by adding an App?

I'm in my first 30 days and this maybe the reason I take it back.

I can live with some of the other things it can't do that my flip phone could but basic font sizing seems simple enough.

Like delayed text messages and a pull down contact list in my text message "To" box.

Three trips to the Verizon store, three different people, no help.

Funny when I mentioned the third time at the store, I was glad I was still in the thirty days, I heard several behind me on a couch in line with audible comments like "sounds familiar".

Quote Originally Posted by JD Racer Dad View Post
    Read the thread, seemed to migrate toward being hooked to my PC.

As a phone, can I increase the font size of the Text Messages? Either as bought or by adding an App?

I'm in my first 30 days and this maybe the reason I take it back.

I can live with some of the other things it can't do that my flip phone could but basic font sizing seems simple enough.

Like delayed text messages and a pull down contact list in my text message "To" box.

Three trips to the Verizon store, three different people, no help.

Funny when I mentioned the third time at the store, I was glad I was still in the thirty days, I heard several behind me on a couch in line with audible comments like "sounds familiar".

Hi JD, sorry your having a tough time. I am not aware of a system wide font increase but I can help you with your SMS texting font issue.

Go to the market and download Handcent (a free app that is much better than the stock android text app). Theres a setting for for font size in this app.

Go to application setting and press "Display Font Size" and that should help you with your texting.

Thanks Darkhorse, Handcent works great.

It took some playing.

That menu went away when I selected the bubble option but the font size setting is in the app in a different place.

What a mess trying to find it .

Quote Originally Posted by JD Racer Dad View Post
    Thanks Darkhorse, Handcent works great.

It took some playing.

That menu went away when I selected the bubble option but the font size setting is in the app in a different place.

What a mess trying to find it .

There was a update to handcent after I posted that... Sorry but glad you like it anyway

Hi..i downloaded handcent and made my fonts bigger..but when I receive a text it is still small unless I actually go into messaging and look at it that way..is there anyway of having the font bigger when I first receive the txt...

thanks..

this is all new to ma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links