Omnia 2 Convert

This is a discussion on Omnia 2 Convert within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello, I have spent countless hours trying to customize my Omnia to work with me. I have flashed, upgraded and flashed again trying to find ...

Thread: Omnia 2 Convert

Hello,

I have spent countless hours trying to customize my Omnia to work with me. I have flashed, upgraded and flashed again trying to find a good interface. Well, after the last stock update and the fact that the update totally broke the not very good to begin with widgets, I finally decided to take the Android plunge. I have to say, I was reluctant because I am accustomed to working with an open platform, so I thought I would miss being able to modify my phone. Plus, I need a mobile office.

Well, I could get the Ally for free, so I figured what the heck. I'll give it a try and see what Android is all about. Let me tell you. I am so very happy I took the plunge. All my office stuff was already on Google. I was using Google exchange and Google Voice and I can't believe how seamless the transition was. Think Free Office is excellent.

I am so pleased with the customizable interface of this phone. I put LauncherPro (paid version) on here and am thrilled with it. I am running Vlingo, I added the Swype keyboard because I did love that about my Omnia. I also use Beautiful Widgets and Weather. Once of the big things I love is being able to have my tasks and agenda available at a glance. I added Pure Calendar so I could get my tasks and agenda all in one My battery life is actually not bad considering that I am constantly playing with it!. I use Advanced Task Killer on automatic and have had no issues with freezing or restarts. It's great phone and works very well. It's everything I wanted my Omnia to be plus a whole lot more. The screen is a little smaller than the Omnia and I wondered if I would miss my big screen. Nope, not at all. The Ally screen is a perfect size and I am perfectly happy with it. I think the screen resolution is why it works for me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow Corki, great first posting. Sounds like you're off to a good start

If you should need Ally help, this is the place. Feel welcome to give your input over in the forums, lotsa discussions going on.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    You were worried you wouldn't be able to modify an Android phone? There's plenty of stuff to mess with, ranging from just messing with homescreens and apps, to installing new launchers (glad you found Launcher Pro, it is awesome), to rooting the phone, changing the ROM, flashing different visual themes, etc. (these later processes void your warranty though) Welcome to the forums, enjoy your Ally!
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    You were worried you wouldn't be able to modify an Android phone? There's plenty of stuff to mess with, ranging from just messing with homescreens and apps, to installing new launchers (glad you found Launcher Pro, it is awesome), to rooting the phone, changing the ROM, flashing different visual themes, etc. (these later processes void your warranty though) Welcome to the forums, enjoy your Ally!
    I have since learned that the possibilities are endless with Android. So far though, I haven't seen a reason to root except maybe to get my apps to install on my storage card. i understand the update to 2.2 will correct that anyway, so I decided to wait and see before I decide to root. I have found many theme variations and tried out a bunch. Thanks for the tips!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links