I hate this phone

This is a discussion on I hate this phone within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; This is the most unfriendly phone I ever had...and what stinks is I have gone to Verizon, and they said its fine! Now I have ...

Thread: I hate this phone

This is the most unfriendly phone I ever had...and what stinks is I have gone to Verizon, and they said its fine! Now I have to go back again tomorrow because I cant get any text messages. It says my memory is full, and I have deleted every text thread etc... I want to flush it!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Do you have a lot of apps installed? The internal memory on the Ally is limited. You can also go into settings>applications>manage applications, and click on the individual apps. Any of them that have a button that offers to "clear cache" is a way to free up space.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

You can also check your available memory by:

1. Press menu button.

2. Touch settings.

3. Touch SD Card & Phone Storage.

4. Scroll down to Available Phone Storage.

The min you need for the phone to work correctly is 17 MB. If it is less than that, try removing some apps that you don't need and as BMB said clear the cache of apps. There is no easy way to do this.

Also if you use the email program, emails are stored on the phone's memory too. Even if they have been deleted. You need to delete the email from the Trash for it to be removed from the phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

So AA, you say we also need to delete the email from the trash to actually remove the email & free the memory but I can't find a "trash" option on the phone! I use the Gmail app (stock) and the Yahoo app. Educate me please.

Sorry Mdouglase, I thought I answered this the other day. I was referring to the default email app and not the Gmail app. I think a deleted email for the Gmail app is still stored on Gmail's server and not the phone.

For the default app,

1. Open the app.

2. Press the menu button.

3. Touch Folders.

4. Touch Trash.

5. You have to touch the checkbox next to each email. (There is no Select All option but for some reason when you touch a checkbox under menu there is a Deselect All option.)

6. Touch Delete.

For the Gmail app,

1. Open the app.

2. Press the menu button.

3. Touch View Labels.

4. Touch Trash.

5. Touch the checkbox next to each email you want to delete. (Again, there is no Select All option)

6. Touch Delete.

For Gmail, it might just be easier to login to Gmail on the web and empty your trash from there.

I don't know anything about the Yahoo app. I refuse to deal with Yahoo.
    Motorola Droid 4

Sorry but I just thought I would add something. You dont need to "delete" messages from gmail to free memory for your phone.

Gmail operates by memory allocation and it dynamically moves the messages to and from the web.

Your gmail is a web app and the email lives there(on googles servers on the web), not on your phone, it just accesses the messages you currently want/need to see.

If your having memory issues delete the big apps your not using (as BMB already reccommended), you can sort them by size.

I mentioned that but wasn't 100% positive.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I mentioned that but wasn't 100% positive.

Roger that, sorry for reiterating but I hope I clarified things.

I recently switched from an iPhone 3G to the Ally because I tired of dropped or missed telephone calls on AT&T. Thankfully, THAT problem was resolved! However, I really wish I had gone to a non-smartphone. After using an iPhone for two years, moving to Android is like moving to an Alpha-quality (not even Beta) product. I have experienced more forced closes in two months than I ever had with the iPhone with which I used a LOT more apps!

Now, following the system upgrade, three of my paid apps are corrupted every time I am forced to restart the phone. I then have to remove each corrupted app, re-download and re-install them. This is a problem I can live with - but I'm not going to buy anymore apps until Google or LG fix the issue. The problem I also have now that is even more perplexing (which also began after the system upgrade) is the email app. I delete emails over and over and over and over again - but they always come back! The annoyance factor is compounded by the absence of a 'select all' command for deletions. Can anybody help me with permanently deleting emails?

Thanks in advance!!!!

I use mine in my business utilizing a pop3 server and I have the same problem ie; as I delete emails during the day, it re-populates my inbox with them ...very annoying!!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links