Changing Gmail password

This is a discussion on Changing Gmail password within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; My wife and I both have had our LG Ally phones since June 2010. Experience has been great to-date....until today. I made the "mistake" of ...

Thread: Changing Gmail password

My wife and I both have had our LG Ally phones since June 2010. Experience has been great to-date....until today. I made the "mistake" of changing my Gmail password on-line. There seems to be no place to make the change on the phone. Resynching only results in an alert "!" showing with the message "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Since I'm typing this message right next to my wireless router/modem, signal level is obviously not the problem. I saw a listing by some other folks while scanning the various postings. Some folks indicated having deleted and readded their Gmail account. One person indicated that another attempt was finally successful in re-synching. Any words on this would be greatly appreciated. The 302 page manual was not much help.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Changing your password online is the only way I know of to change the Gmail password.

After you change it, you should get a notification to update your password on the phone.

If you don't, try rebooting the phone. When the phone tries to sync again, you should get the notification.

You can also try to do a Refresh in Gmail to force it to sync and get the notification.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Changing your password online is the only way I know of to change the Gmail password.

After you change it, you should get a notification to update your password on the phone.

If you don't, try rebooting the phone. When the phone tries to sync again, you should get the notification.

You can also try to do a Refresh in Gmail to force it to sync and get the notification.

I had tried rebooting at home but had no luck. Received your reply while out & around. I have very poor Verizon reception at home (no reception from other providers) but was relying on my Wifi. While out and in an area with good reception I rebooted as suggested and it worked as you described. Reply was greatly appreciated.

New problem is adding 2nd Gmail account - same response as with the resynch - "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" - I have even tried this one while out with the same response each time.

Thanks again for the timely response. - CLK

Ads