New to LG Ally

This is a discussion on New to LG Ally within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; This is my first android phone and right now I think it will be my last. I upgraded from the LG env, which shut down ...

Thread: New to LG Ally

This is my first android phone and right now I think it will be my last. I upgraded from the LG env, which shut down on me all the time, verizon offered my my upgrade and I chose the Ally. I'm getting used to the touch screen and I do enjoy being able to go online. However, my text messaging doesn't work properly, I get NO sound when I get a text message and I have the sound checked under messages and notification sounds. I am not able to delete the pre-installed apps that I will never use like Skype and My space, so they are taking up space on my screen. The battery life doesn't seem to last very long, I have to charge it at least once a day. If anyone has any suggestions for me before I turn this phone in for a different one

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No sound from text messages - You may have audible notifications turned on but is your notification volume turned on? I use the miniinfo widget. it allows me to easily set all 4 volumes separately (Ringer, Notifications, media, Alarm)

You cannot uninstall system apps like skype but if you use LauncherPro as your Home Screen you can hide those icons so you will never see them again. (the app will still be there of course)

Battery life will improve over time, just be patient. Also make sure you let the battery die completely then charge back to 100 for a few cycles. it will help condition the battery.

An alternative to Installing Launcher Pro is to just remove the icons from the screen.

To remove an icon, just long touch it and drag it to the trash can at the bottom of the screen. When the trash can turns red, let go of the icon.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links