tone to communicate with automated

This is a discussion on tone to communicate with automated within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I've had ally almost a week. So I don't know much. I called an automated phone system and when asked to put in an identifying ...

Thread: tone to communicate with automated

I've had ally almost a week. So I don't know much. I called an automated phone system and when asked to put in an identifying #, I did. I think the ally, not producing the distinguishing tone per number, would not communicate. Really basic question is ,,, Is the distinguishing frequency tone per # what makes some automated phone systems work? And can I make the Ally produce the tones?

Thanks shan

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have had no problems when I call my bank and have to input numbers for their system.
    Motorola Droid 4

From what I have read you can even use your keyboard to enter passwords that are alphanumeric.

You might need to adjust the length of the DTMF tones to long for the phone service to register the sounds.

Go to Settings/Call Settings/ DTMF Tones and select Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychobunny View Post
    You might need to adjust the length of the DTMF tones to long for the phone service to register the sounds.

Go to [b]Settings/Call Settings/ DTMF Tones and select[b] Long.

Thanks for the info.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Psychobunny View Post

Go to [b]Settings/Call Settings/ DTMF Tones and select[b] Long.

Thanks for the info. I googled DTMF tones and had previously looked up pulse and tone dialing. I changed the setting, your answer sounds like a solution. I had called a business today and their system worked with my phone. The auto system that did not work was city system that is probably fairly old. Useless but interesting ,,,Pulse rotary phones that clicked were modeled after the telegraph.

again thanks sd

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links