New to LG Ally

This is a discussion on New to LG Ally within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey guys, new to the site so I figured I would introduce myself. I currently have a droid 1 but I am really wanting to ...

Thread: New to LG Ally

Hey guys, new to the site so I figured I would introduce myself. I currently have a droid 1 but I am really wanting to trade it for an LG Ally. I know that the droid is a more powerful phone, but I have an upgrade in February and plan on getting a 4g phone anyway. I was just wondering if I overlook the fact that the Ally is just plainly less powerful than my current phone do you think I will be satisfied with it? Do any of you all have any problems with the Ally? I love my droid but I just want something different for a little while before my upgrade and the keyboard on the Ally is awesome. So what do you guys think? Should I make the leap and try out the Ally? Thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you are getting a new phone in February, I'd personally save my money and muddle along with my old phone until then.

well i wont actually be spending any money on the ally, its a straight up trade for my droid and im keeping my sd card. im just looking for something new to play with until i get my upgrade but i dont wanna be disappointed if i switch to the ally.

I don't have nor have I ever used the Droid 1 so I can't help you with the comparison. If you just want to have something different before you get your new phone, go for it. Even if you hate it, it's just a few a month or so. Be bold...try the Ally It's not a bad phone.

Be sure to back-up your SD Card to your computer first. You will have to format your SD card in the Ally for things to work properly.

If it is free and you want to experiment, take the plunge. We are all waiting on February, actually. February is supposed to be when we finally get Froyo.

Using an SD Card from one Android device to another shouldn't cause problems but since the Ally is finiky a reformat wouldn't hurt. It is when someone uses an SD card that was formated using a different OS that problems will occur.
    Motorola Droid 4

I took the plunge and got the phone and i love it. There is one issue though- It splits up my received text messages so if I receive a message that is multiple pages long, it will have the call back number of the person inserted several times in the middle of the message instead of me receiving just one message. Is it possible to remove the call back number from received texts? Or possible to stop it from breaking up the texts I receive into multiple texts? Thanks guys!

This VZW post has more info.

(Also posted this in your other thread.)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links