internal phone storage

This is a discussion on internal phone storage within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I am trying to figure out how to delete some files to allow for more phone storage. I have over 5000 deleted email messages and ...

Thread: internal phone storage

I am trying to figure out how to delete some files to allow for more phone storage. I have over 5000 deleted email messages and wondered if this is whatis taking up space on my phone. I cannot send or receive text messages or recieve emails. I have deleted old text messages and current emails. But it is only showing 8.43 mb of internal phone storage. Can anyone help with this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I read that about emptying the trash and also was unable to do so on the phone. So I went on line on the computer, emptied the trash and the trash files on the phone had also been emptied. You may also be able to go to gmail via the browser on the phone and empty the trash but since I didn't think about that until after I had already emptied the trash I can't be sure. Using the laptop to empty the trash also worked for other email programs I use.

Gmail emails are not stored on your phone. They are only stored on the gmail server which is why you can remove them from online and they also are removed from your phone.

Other emails that use the default email app and are POP3 accounts are different. If you delete an email in one of these accounts it gets moved to the trash folder on your phone. You will then need to go to your trash folder on your phone and delete it a second time for it to be completely removed from the phone's memory.

If you have 1000's of deleted emails in one of these accounts, the easiest way to get rid of them is to delete your account and then reset it back up. There is no Select All option to delete emails.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links