Newb from MA needs help!!!!

This is a discussion on Newb from MA needs help!!!! within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; [font="'Comic Sans MS"] From Ma and just got my lg ally yesterday, [/font] [font="'Comic Sans MS"] i have yet to transfer my contacts and pictures/video ...

Thread: Newb from MA needs help!!!!

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]From Ma and just got my lg ally yesterday,[/font]

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]i have yet to transfer my contacts and pictures/video from my old phone because i havent gotton to the verizon store yet. (i had the phone shipped)[/font]

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]but i mainly use the phone for texting so im trying to figure out the best texting out.[/font]

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]im looking for apps that will make the screen light up when i receive the message and be able reply right there without having to open up to get to the text.[/font]

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]also, im having a hard time finding a free app that i can use for music as my ringtone when i get a text instead of some stupid noises.[/font]

[font="'Comic Sans MS"]all help is appreciated. THANKS[/font]

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't text much, so can't help you there.

For ringtones and notifications, any MP3 can be used, as long as you save them to the correct locations on your SD card. If you connect your phone to a PC (with the drivers installed), you can drag MP3 files to the /sdcard/Media/Audio/Notifications or the /sdcard/Media/Audio/Ringtones folder (if folders are set up that way on your phone) on the SD card. Then just go in to settings, then sounds and change the ringtones. Your transferred files will show up in the drop down menu.

1 times
    Good text apps include Handcent SMS, ChompSMS and GoSMS.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links