New, considering EVO

This is a discussion on New, considering EVO within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi all, I'm Carl and was referred to these forums by WERA689 (whom I know in another forum world). I am considering getting an EVO. ...

Thread: New, considering EVO

New, considering EVO

Hi all, I'm Carl and was referred to these forums by WERA689 (whom I know in another forum world).

I am considering getting an EVO. I am currently on Sprint, and the EVO looks great. Major gotcha at the moment is cost (monthly service cost). I currently have a 550 minute family plan with a Treo 755 (mine) and a voice only phone (for my wife). The cheapest/smallest family plan available with the EVO is almost twice the monthly cost that I am paying now, and provides 3 times more voice minutes than we have ever used, and unlimited data for both phones, which my wife uses zero.

If I split the phones into two separate accounts, I can minimize the damage, the monthly bill *only* goes up $30. That puts my wife's phone on a 200 minute voice only plan, and my phone on a "everything 450" plan.

Now to see if Sprint will let me actually do that (I can think of no reason they would not allow me to split the phones into two accounts).

So I'm wandering through these forums reading what I can find about the EVO. Time will tell if I get one.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    Glad you made it over, Carl! I'm sure you'll find many (if not all) of your answers here.

As for me, well, I've never had Sprint, so I'm not gonna be much help. I'll be watching to see what you end up doing, though

Hmmmm, that is an interesting set of circumstances. Most people I talk to, including me have the opposite problem with the wife. She uses tons of minutes and even though she has a pretty basic 'smart' phone, she still uses the data often.

It almost seems that you really have to decide how much you want this phone. There is a chance that in 6 months to a year, when this phone is less 'special' you may be able to scale back your plan once again.

I'm not gonna get on a soapbox and preach how you just have to get this phone because it's awsomeness is comparable to that of the creation of new life or whatever. It's really up to you.

Bob

Reverting to my current plan is not an option if I make the change (sadly).

Hmmm,
    ...it's awsomeness is comparable to that of the creation of new life...
    , wow that put's things in an all new perspective

Seriously, it does look awesome, and it does appear to be worth SOME additional cost. I'm going to talk to the folks at Sprint today and see what they have to say about splitting the phones onto 2 accounts.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links