Gavin Clark is me

This is a discussion on Gavin Clark is me within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey my name is gavin im getting the Samsung Intercept and i was wondering if there was a hack for it and if so wat ...

Thread: Gavin Clark is me

Smile Gavin Clark is me

Hey my name is gavin im getting the Samsung Intercept and i was wondering if there was a hack for it and if so wat is the hack for if anyone answers it it would help me a bunch thank u:4g::iphone:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

By hack i'm assuming you are speaking of rooting? There are a couple of our members that have been trying out some potential leads so if you keep sniffing around the intercept hack forum you may get lucky.

http://www.sprintdroids.com/forum/sa...rcept-hacking/

Wat does the hack do to the phone

A quick explanation of rooting

When you root your phone, you gain “superuser” privileges to the Android operating system. When you are using a stock device, you have the equivalent of “guest” privileges. If you are familiar with any Linux operating system, you know that the superuser privilege allows you to gain access to administrative rights. This level of access gets you down to the nitty gritty of the OS with no restrictions, lets you make changes to the system, and run scripts that would normally be blocked with a standard user account. As long as they are not encrypted, that is… such as the case of the Droid X, which has an encrypted bootloader. With superuser privileges on an Android phone, you can install programs that need complete access to the OS – such as ROM installers (like ROM Manager), theme modifiers (such as Metamorph), and simple apps like DroCap2, which takes screenshots from the device without having to plug it in to your computer.

While the act of rooting does not do much for an end user, it means the world to a coder or developer. Rooting your phone gives you access to run the applications that developers create that need elevated privileges. Always be careful what you install, though, because the wrong program could take over, or even brick your phone.

Rooting basically breaks the security that HTC and Sprint have implemented to prevent you from being able to do anything you want with your phone. You can install things like wireless tether which lets you use your phone as a wifi hotspot, or Titanium Backup which lets you back up all your apps and data. You can run custom software (ROMs)with various performance teaks. To the best of my knowledge there aren't any custom ROMs yet for the Intercept though.

It's best to read up on it and have a full understanding of exactly what it is you are doing to your phone. I spent weeks reading everything I could find about rooting, ROMs, kernels, and adb before I rooted my phone.

I know some progress was made in our Intercept forum, so start your search there and continue with google.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links