How to transfer photos from my LG Ally gallery to new Razr I'm about to get

This is a discussion on How to transfer photos from my LG Ally gallery to new Razr I'm about to get within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Can this be done? Have a bunch of photos in the internal memory in Gallery, plus a few also on the old phone's (the Ally) ...

Thread: How to transfer photos from my LG Ally gallery to new Razr I'm about to get

How to transfer photos from my LG Ally gallery to new Razr I'm about to get

Can this be done? Have a bunch of photos in the internal memory in Gallery, plus a few also on the old phone's (the Ally) SD card. Hope I don't have to send them all by email to my computer, then send them from my computer to my new phone's email program once activated. That would take forever.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Actually its really easy and quick. However, save them all to sd card and just put sd card into new phone.

Still not sure. How to transfer to SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Actually its really easy and quick. However, save them all to sd card and just put sd card into new phone.
    Thanks for Reply SlagIt. It raises 2 diff issues. (1) About half my photos are already on the SD, half in the internal 'Gallery". Have tried all kinds of different things to get the Gallery files to transfer to the SD card but cannot find a way to get them to it?? (2) Once on SD card, how to use on my new phone? If I do what you say and just dismount the old SD card and put it in my new Razr, I now have a new Razr with a small (2gb) SD card in it while my brand new 16gb Razr SD card gets unused? Or, once I stick my loaded old SD card into the new phone, is there a way to transfer those pictures into the new phone's internal (gallery) memory?

I was hoping that I could take the SD card out of the old phone and use it in my computer to temporarily download the data (photos) onto my harddrive, then load in the new phone's SD card into computer harddrive and transfer the photos (ie the way I move photos around using a USB stick). But unfortuantely, the SD card is tiny (a "micro SD card") and my computer doesn,t accept any storage devices that small.

OK. Got it solved. Two different techniques, since some photos are on the SD card and some on the internal memory's Gallery app. The SD card ones I got to transfer by using a USB cord to connect my phone to the USB port on the computer (same cord that I use for charging). Then I loaded the SD card photos right onto a new folder I set up on my computer. In a couple days, when I have my new phone, I'll just reverse the process... and load them right onto my new phone's SD card (technically these are "micro SD cards").

The other photos, not on the SD card, I sent to my email account as attachments. Batches of 8 pictures at a time. Then, opened up the email and saved the pictures to the prev. mentioned folder. Now, all the pictures I want to transfer to the new phone are sitting in a folder on my home computer. Should be easy to load them onto the new phone's SD card as soon as I get it.

Yes they are micro lol. Glad you got it figured out. My next suggestion would have been to move them by using a pc.

Welcome to the site. Thanks for posting this, useful to others!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links