New Bionic User

This is a discussion on New Bionic User within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I'm sure it is, I take it you have the galaxy nexus...Yeah my whole outlook on ICS for the Bionic is optimistic, but not trying ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bionic User

I'm sure it is, I take it you have the galaxy nexus...Yeah my whole outlook on ICS for the Bionic is optimistic, but not trying to get my hopes too high. With the emergence of the nexus, I must say I was a bit surprised when I learned that the Razr and Razr Maxx still came stock with gingerbread, although they are or at least will become upgradeable to ICS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android.net

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I have a Droid 2 running the last official CyanogenMod 7 nightly. This may change in the near future now that I have the Gingerbread SBF and the ICS ROMs for the D2 are built around the GB kernel.

I also have a Nook Color. THAT is running an unofficial CM 9 nightly built around pure a Ice Cream Sandwich code base.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Just checked for updates as you described, says I am up to date with nothing available at this time.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    That's good. It means that you shouldn't miss out when Verizon pushes the new update out to you. Sometimes updates require previous updates, and if your phone wasn't current it might not receive the update.

However, the REALLY good news is that AS SOON AS THE UPDATE DROPS we'll be able to provide you with a link to download it manually and install it ASAP, quite probably BEFORE your phone gets a push.

Sweet, man. I know OF the cyanogen mods, but that's about it. Just got a kindle fire for the wife, still completely stock, our devices will probably remain as such until I gain the confidence and know-how I need to root. I hope to gain some of that through this forum, you've helped me out quite a bit already and I appreciate that.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    You're quite welcome.

If you want some practice, try buying a used, refurbished, etc, Motorola Droid somewhere. They can be had on Swappa for about $60 and up, so it's not THAT bad if you don't mind spending the money. Me? I'm too broke to do it, but that's me. I suggest that phone because it's a TANK and totally unlocked in the bootloader. The perfect hacking phone, limited mostly by the paltry 256MB of RAM.

That phone took everything thrown at it and then some, and while you don't need to put it on a line to play with it (as long as you have Wi-Fi it can connect to), it DOES make for a toy/learning experience at a relatively low cost. If you can't afford it, don't sweat it, just start reading on everything you need to know to do on the Bionic. Word of warning, the Bionic is locked up tighter than booze at the Betty Ford clinic, so you ARE taking risks by hacking it.

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind. I still have my DX2, only about 6 months old and still in great shape. I contemplated rooting that, but it's probably still under warranty and is my backup phone in the event that (god forbid) something were to happen to the bionic. We also still have my wife's old DI-1, which is also an option, I might go ahead and try to root that as she bought it used well over a year ago and the warranty is presumably long expired. If all else fails, I'll look for a Motorola DROID to use as my first rooter. Plus it would be cool to have the flagship DROID that started it all for Motorola

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links