New Member Posting Regarding "Period to Sync Email"

This is a discussion on New Member Posting Regarding "Period to Sync Email" within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Thanks so much for making this forum available for questions. A week ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy S II that I really like - ...

Thread: New Member Posting Regarding "Period to Sync Email"

New Member Posting Regarding "Period to Sync Email"

Thanks so much for making this forum available for questions. A week ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy S II that I really like - my first Android. This phone and the Android operating system seem to be well thought out, particularly compared to Blackberries - my last couple of phones. I liked my Palm Treos before BB, but I am getting nostalgic....

My question is one I could not find an answer to, despite searching extensively. I use the phone with Exchange Server and Activesync, and I am considering the "period to sync email". I had a bad experience with my first BB that its default sync period was 6 months, and when I synced it deleted everything that was not newer than 6 months, including everything on my Exchange Server - not just on the phone. I have email going back several years that i keep for business reasons.

Email on the Samsung works somewhat slowly even when I'm on wi-fi, and i expect it's because the phone is trying to sync all that email (I selected "All" to avoid a deletion of the older email on my server) on every folder on Exchange. I archived the largest folders, but that didn't make much of a difference. So, the question is whether selecting a "period to sync email" of one week or so on Android would mean all older email would be deleted on Exchange, or whether that's all that Android loads to my phone. I hope the latter, but I fear the former. I only need access on my phone to the past week or so of email, and so as long as the email on Exchange is left alone, that will work for me.

Any knowledgeable folks able to lend a hand?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the site. I don't know the answer to this but I suspect the worst. I've lost my stored data on more than one occasion and regrettably learned the hard way that if I really want something, I had better find a way to retrieve it before it disappears, someway, somehow. Just my experience.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links