Hello

This is a discussion on Hello within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi, Just joined...don't have Evo yet...have been on phone/computer for 5 hours today trying to secure one....I've tried Radio Shack, Best Buy and Sprint stores...nada....I"ve ...

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi,

Just joined...don't have Evo yet...have been on phone/computer for 5 hours today trying to secure one....I've tried Radio Shack, Best Buy and Sprint stores...nada....I"ve called familiy members in 8 different states, hoping I could find one they could pick up --- nada ---- Can anyone suggest how I can get one? Especially the person who was able to get one via phone with Best Buy. I was going to send my sister to p/u for me, and was told "NO", I had to be there ;(

I'm feeling a bit frustrated -- even the Sprint rep last night suggested I get one via Best Buy and that I should be able to get one "NO PROBLEM", well, 5+ hourse later --- nada....

Anyway, I AM looking forward to being a member of this forum, *when* I get my phone

Take care,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sam
    welcome vflaherty! hope it works out well for you soon!

I'm back WITH Evo!!

Hello again!!

Did my into on 7/30/10...could not find a phone anywhere and was very frustrated!! However, I was able to get one at Radio Shack in a week, leaving my name/number with asst mgr -- that, plus I promised when I got the phone I'd make a piece of jewelry for his girlfriend ;D LOL!! That did NOT hurt!! I got it on Friday.

Ok after 48 hours and my first droid phone....it's incredible and I've barely scratched the surface!! I was up until 6:30 am Sat, working with it. Battery is really poor, IMHO, I have to charge it frequently (2x+ times a day). I am using it to learn and try different applications and learning!! I'm having a hard time with the touch screen, another first for me. So, I downloaded a few games to help me "get" the touch thing.....I tried to do text msgs, and was so frustrated, took forever to type 2 sentences, and then after that I lost it!! LOL!!! I"m sure it will get better. NO, I am not typing on my Evo right now...LOL!! I'd be here for hours ;D

I'm sure I'll have some questions, but right now, I'm just looking and am so amazed I had a Blackberry Curve from 2 years ago...what a difference!! The screen is so large...love it!!

Can anyone recommend app sites? Recommendations for apps? Oh, and has anyone connected their Evo to laptop? I'm presuming I'll be able to download apps to my Evo.

Also, what about storage? I did not add a memory card, like for my Blackberry.....have you?? I'd love to hear about it.

Please share how you are using it daily....what are the apps you can't live with????

So, right now, I'm loving it..except for the battery. I'm hoping that Sprnt is going to address this issue and perhaps exchange with a "stronger", longer lasting battery.

Ok, I think it's charged...so I'm going to sit with it again!! LOL!!!

Take care,
    Victoria

Oh, one last question, LOL for now anyway!! ...have any of you used the Evo as a hot spot? I want to get rid of my internet connection and use the Evo instead? Any suggestions? Is it difficult to set up? Thanks!

vf glad your liking your evo. Are you looking to tether one computer or multiple devices?

Jak and VF I moved the convo here

http://www.sprintdroids.com/forum/sp...neral-q-5.html

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links