Hi There

This is a discussion on Hi There within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Should be able to get over to Sprint on or around July 11, 2010 due to contract. I look forward to playing with my new ...

Thread: Hi There

Hi There

Should be able to get over to Sprint on or around July 11, 2010 due to contract. I look forward to playing with my new Evo. I hope the build quality is better after hearing some of the screen issues. Is there a reason to purchase the Evo from the sprint store as opposed to BB? I mean if I buy four Evo's the up front out of pocket cost at the Sprint store is $1200 whereas BB it's only $800. I heard the mail in rebates end on July 10 so will they not offer the rebate at the Sprint Store? Sorry I may be asking this stuff on the wrong forum. Anyway Hello everyone!

Charles

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ceabbott2 View Post
    Should be able to get over to Sprint on or around July 11, 2010 due to contract. I look forward to playing with my new Evo. I hope the build quality is better after hearing some of the screen issues. Is there a reason to purchase the Evo from the sprint store as opposed to BB? I mean if I buy four Evo's the up front out of pocket cost at the Sprint store is $1200 whereas BB it's only $800. I heard the mail in rebates end on July 10 so will they not offer the rebate at the Sprint Store? Sorry I may be asking this stuff on the wrong forum. Anyway Hello everyone!

Charles
    Hey just a thought. if your gonna be buying around the 11th you may want to preorder now so your working your way threw the waiting list. Especially if you want more then one phone. I always buy from best buy because of the upfront rebates. Being a sprint phone you can always go to the sprint store and they honor there products but if you have to return it for some reason then you deal with best buy

Best Buy just called they are holding four Evos for me. I will go down on Tuesday and pick them up. OK just curious let's say that I buy them from BB but I want to carry the insurance for the phones through Sprint on my contract. Is that possible or can I only get the Sprint insurance if I purchase it from Sprint only? The reason I want the Sprint insurance is that offer lost/stolen or damage protection... am I correct with my assumption that BB will not cover lost/stolen or accidental damage? I just want them protected and serviced through Sprint but I hate dealing with those STUPID (Rin & Stimpy) mail in rebates! Thanks for any help. Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by ceabbott2 View Post
    Best Buy just called they are holding four Evos for me. I will go down on Tuesday and pick them up. OK just curious let's say that I buy them from BB but I want to carry the insurance for the phones through Sprint on my contract. Is that possible or can I only get the Sprint insurance if I purchase it from Sprint only? The reason I want the Sprint insurance is that offer lost/stolen or damage protection... am I correct with my assumption that BB will not cover lost/stolen or accidental damage? I just want them protected and serviced through Sprint but I hate dealing with those STUPID (Rin & Stimpy) mail in rebates! Thanks for any help. Charles.
    Sprint insurance you can add to your phone within the first 30 days no matter where you buy it. Second i ran over my palm centro with a concrete buggy and they gave me a reconditioned one free of charge but they had to mail it away first, i believe sprints new price for smartphone replacement is 100$. Lost or stolen i'm really not sure about. For me i saved 100$ but if you have a small fix with the best buy ins. you still have to mail it away and with sprint you can go to a store that does repairs and they can help you on the spot with small issues. Hope that helps

Thanks Jak89

"Sprint insurance you can add to your phone within the first 30 days no matter where you buy it. Second i ran over my palm centro with a concrete buggy and they gave me a reconditioned one free of charge but they had to mail it away first, i believe sprints new price for smartphone replacement is 100$. Lost or stolen i'm really not sure about. For me i saved 100$ but if you have a small fix with the best buy ins. you still have to mail it away and with sprint you can go to a store that does repairs and they can help you on the spot with small issues. Hope that helps."

Thank you it does. I appreciate your time.

Charles

Evo whore

Purchased four Evo's for the family. I'm excited but one big problem. My wife and mother are having difficulty with the touch screen. Anybody have any suggestions? Thank-you and I look forward to the posts in the future.

Charles

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links