Greetings

This is a discussion on Greetings within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Greetings Fellow Androidians - I need your advice ! [Well actually a minor confession - I'm an Aussie Symbianoid (faithful old Nokia e71) who has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Greetings Fellow Androidians - I need your advice!

[Well actually a minor confession - I'm an Aussie Symbianoid (faithful old Nokia e71) who has for a couple of years been yearning to join the ranks of brave & highly intelligent Android Freedom Fighters.
    But until now several things got in my way - like 24 month contracts + my mobile/cellphone carrier not stocking my phone of choice - Samsung Galaxy SII]

Anyway I'm out of contract & my carrier finally offers me a Samsung Galaxy SII - and then another (more expensive) carrier released the 4G version!
    What's more there are serious teases of a flood of next generation (quad core, 4G) handsets about to hit the market.
    What to do???

Here's what I'm looking for in a handset (it's a lot but not unreasonable)...
    Overall reliability & user-friendly design, excellent phone & modem reception & transmission, good call quality, good handsfree speaker & mic, good data speeds, powerful cpu for running a mobile office & apps, good media capability incl. quality 3.5mm jack sound output, mini/micro SD card, decent display I can see easily in all lighting conditions, onboard GPS/accelerometer/gyro/compass, decent camera (8MP+), long battery life, low SAR, & ideally upgradeable to ICS.

I make a moderate amount of calls & texts & would rarely use more than 1.5GB of data/month.

So some questions for my Fellow Androidians -since I've waited this long...
    • Do I get the 3G Samsung Galaxy SII & lock into a 24month contract ($39/month incl handset + more than enough call/txt credit + 1Gb data)?
    • Do I buy a second-hand SGSII (~$400) & stay on a sim-only plan until the newer quad-core 4G handsets get released ??
    • Do I sign up with the Aussie carrier who has just released the 4G SGSII & lock into a 24 month contract @ $59/month + $5 handset payment incl more than enough call/txt credit + 1.5Gb data ???
    • Or is there some other handset or smarter way forward I haven't considered?

I know that was a lot to read through & consider but I do appreciate your experience, wisdom & guidance here. Looking VERY forward to hearing back from you!

Kundalini

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum kundalini!

**tap'n**

Welcome to the site.

Welcome! Depends how wealthy you are. Personally, I'd go with your second choise. Not much waiting left...

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Welcome. I would go with option 2 as well.

*Bump*

2 votes for option 2. Any other opinions?

Also can anybody with their finger on the pulse suggest some phones that are about to be released which look impressively good?

Quote Originally Posted by Kundalini View Post
    *Bump*

2 votes for option 2. Any other opinions?

Also can anybody with their finger on the pulse suggest some phones that are about to be released which look impressively good?

Yes, the HTC One, coming in three different models.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Yes, the HTC One, coming in three different models.
    Thanks UltraDroid

If you skim over the features I'm looking for (see opening message) then is there a particular model of HTC One that you'd recommend?
    Would you recommend this over the 4G version of Samsung Galaxy SII? If so what's the main advantage?

Cheers

I'm no expert on these things, but the HTC One X looks to be a super phone. Check out this - [VIDEOS] HTC One X Review Compilation - from our sister forum. As for the Samsung Galaxy S II or the upcoming Galaxy SIII, well I own the AT&T version of the SGS2, and LOVE it. It's my day to day phone, and I'll keep it when I get the HTC One X. I don't know many solid facts about what the SGS3 will have, but I might try getting that too, when it hits US shores, probably in October.

As for the One X - it just seems to be the culmination of the well built phones HTC has turned out in the past. Watch those video reviews then let us know what you think.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Thanks UltraDroid

Indeed the HTC One X looks to be a super phone - aside from avg battery & camera everything else is at the top of the game!

I do hope they release the quad core version here in Australia - it must be frustrating for AT&T customers to be lumped with dual core versions.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    I'm no expert on these things, but the HTC One X looks to be a super phone. Check out this - [VIDEOS] HTC One X Review Compilation - from our sister forum. As for the Samsung Galaxy S II or the upcoming Galaxy SIII, well I own the AT&T version of the SGS2, and LOVE it. It's my day to day phone, and I'll keep it when I get the HTC One X. I don't know many solid facts about what the SGS3 will have, but I might try getting that too, when it hits US shores, probably in October.

As for the One X - it just seems to be the culmination of the well built phones HTC has turned out in the past. Watch those video reviews then let us know what you think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links