Hello

This is a discussion on Hello within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; My daughter and I both bought Evo 4G. And we are both very unhappy with this battery. So, hello and if anyone can tell me ...

Thread: Hello

Hello

My daughter and I both bought Evo 4G. And we are both very unhappy with this battery. So, hello and if anyone can tell me how to reduce the battery usage, thank you. (I have tried several things. So,far, nothing works). I'm disabled and MUST have a phone. I am genuinely concerned. I can go too sleep with the phone fully charged. By the morning, it is a breath away from being dead. My iPhone (the original 2G), however, stays charged for days, even with use. This is an expensive phone, and this should be told ahead of time or an extra battery and desk charger should be given to us. Otherwise, I am growing to like it, but seriously thinking of returning it and going back to ATT + buying the new iPhone 4G.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Curious as to why you don't plug it in to charge overnight?

Battery Life

Dear Carl,

First, You can prolong your battery charge by turning off the WiFi, 4G, Bluetooth and the GPS, when not in use. There is also an app that you can download for free that helps to manage your battery usage.

Secondly, I went to the following website and ordered a charging cradle for my nightstand, so I have a full charge in the morning. They are also coming out with an extended battery (3800mAH) which is twice the life, so hang in there.

https://www.seidioonline.com/category-s/4213.htm

Thirdly, Whenever you are on a computer you can plug the USB charging cable in. They make short ones and retractable ones you can just stick on your pocket or purse. I think it is just a matter of getting used to having to charge it more often.

If you are still not satified, Sprint gives you 30 days to return it. Althought with the great plans and the wonderful service from Sprint I don't know why you would leave, maybe try a different phone.

Thanks for the comments yukipookie, but I wasn't the person concerned/complaining. My response was to that person, wondering why they couldn't charge their phone over night?

I agree, there are ways to manage battery usage. I'm still on a waiting list for an EVO, but have not let the battery usage concerns stop me from wanting one.

Thanks for the link to seidoonline, once I have an EVO, I'll check them out for the cradle.

I can go too sleep with the phone fully charged. By the morning, it is a breath away from being dead.
    I don't understand how this is happening to people, my EVO loses only 15-20% overnight. Even though I charge it whenever I can, I have gotten over 24 hours of actual use out of it without charging it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links