Newbie here

This is a discussion on Newbie here within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello everyone - I guess everyone else is new here also. Picked up my Backflip today. I was on an iPhone, went to Verizon and ...

Thread: Newbie here

Newbie here

Hello everyone -

I guess everyone else is new here also. Picked up my Backflip today. I was on an iPhone, went to Verizon and got the Droid when it came out. Loved it, but not the Verizon network. So now I'm back on AT&T, and glad there is finally an Android phone for me. I had been getting by on my old Tilt until this thing came out.

Joe

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Welcome to the site Joe, glad to have you.

dandroid
    Hi Joe, Where do you live? I'm here in Austin and have had better luck with AT&T then Verizon. What are your thoughts on the phone after a owning it for a few days? Are you happy with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Hi Joe, Where do you live? I'm here in Austin and have had better luck with AT&T then Verizon. What are your thoughts on the phone after a owning it for a few days? Are you happy with it?
    Hey Dan,

I'm in Atlanta, so I was suprised with all of the dropped calls and spotty coverage.

Well, I'm a bit dissapointed with the phone. Currently it is reboxed and waiting to go back to the AT&T store. Have not decided if I'm going to exchange or return. Mine constantly rebooted and the issue did not self correct.
    Overall, I like the device. Would be nice if it was on android version 2.0.1 and had a bit larger of a screen. Also, the camera is not a good as I would have expected for a 5mp.
    I think the down side to this phone is so few people seem to have purchased it, that there will never be an upgrade to either fix issues or move to the latest version of Android, so I'm hesitant to keep the phone.
    My verizon motorola droid had similar issues when I purchased it, but there was so much hype with the phone (and it sold well) that there is pleanty of support for the device.

I really don't want to go back to an iPhone, but for now it might be my only option, and just buy another phone with AT&T brings over another Android.

Quote Originally Posted by hurstrescue View Post
    Hey Dan,

I'm in Atlanta, so I was suprised with all of the dropped calls and spotty coverage.

Well, I'm a bit dissapointed with the phone. Currently it is reboxed and waiting to go back to the AT&T store. Have not decided if I'm going to exchange or return. Mine constantly rebooted and the issue did not self correct.
    Overall, I like the device. Would be nice if it was on android version 2.0.1 and had a bit larger of a screen. Also, the camera is not a good as I would have expected for a 5mp.
    I think the down side to this phone is so few people seem to have purchased it, that there will never be an upgrade to either fix issues or move to the latest version of Android, so I'm hesitant to keep the phone.
    My verizon motorola droid had similar issues when I purchased it, but there was so much hype with the phone (and it sold well) that there is pleanty of support for the device.

I really don't want to go back to an iPhone, but for now it might be my only option, and just buy another phone with AT&T brings over another Android.
    I can definitely see your hesitation and point. AT&T seems to be battling with themselves on this one. There competing with there own iphone. With the backflip just being released I think it will pick up in time and the price of the phone really helps. They will be coming out with the 2.1 release and it should be right around the corner.

I would bring the phone back to AT&T and get a replacement for the rebooting option or you could try hard resetting it by pulling the battery and then erase the phone back to factor setting, maybe you downloaded a 3rd party app that is conflicting with the device?

Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    I can definitely see your hesitation and point. AT&T seems to be battling with themselves on this one. There competing with there own iphone. With the backflip just being released I think it will pick up in time and the price of the phone really helps. They will be coming out with the 2.1 release and it should be right around the corner.

I would bring the phone back to AT&T and get a replacement for the rebooting option or you could try hard resetting it by pulling the battery and then erase the phone back to factor setting, maybe you downloaded a 3rd party app that is conflicting with the device?
    I tried the factory restore, without any apps, and still had issues. Replaced the phone today and it is working well. No reboots. I did get a memory error using the camcorder.

Looking forward to the 2.1 release.

I haven't had any random restarts or anything. Glad to see you stuck with the phone. I think it'll end up performing better than people thought it would. Only time will tell though.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links