Hello from Boston (#2)

This is a discussion on Hello from Boston (#2) within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey all. I'm also from Boston and just got the backflip today. I was a bit cautious because of the negative reviews it got but ...

Thread: Hello from Boston (#2)

Hello from Boston (#2)

Hey all.

I'm also from Boston and just got the backflip today. I was a bit cautious because of the negative reviews it got but I really needed a new phone (and I've been waiting for an Android phone since before the G1), so I went for it, and really, I haven't had any issues at all with it (yet; I've been playing with it for the past 6 hours ). It's really impressed me, actually. I'm just waiting for it to get rooted.

~sgk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Glad you like it. Most people giving it negative reviews are like people that continue to bash Windows Vista over its early faults. They either buy into the negativity because a few geeks are pissed over the restrictions, and such, yet never had there hands on the phone. People like to bash things because there cool to bash..

Rant done Check out the Top 10 apps thread for a good start.

Good one TechN9one1730, Welcome to backflipforums
    FOLLOW ME ON
    http://twitter.com/dchandler326
    If you have any questions my email is dchandler@backflipforums.com

Just call me Tech.

Welcome to the site. And I agree with Tech also. I'm still waiting on my Backflip to get here (ordered it Monday) but people form fan clubs and bash whatever seems to be the other camp. You see this with Win vs Mac vs Linux, but also with just about everything, from the different gaming consoles to cell phones. I suppose it's just human nature.

It seems to me that some of the issues and complaints are mainly because AT&T put there own apps on the phone that can't be removed, yahoo is the search engine, and the OS is 1.5.

Now none of these above restrict the device from operating for what it's made for in it's current configuration, it's just a matter of personal taste of people and it not being what they "want".

Now this phone has a lot of potential which is why I went with it and I will learn the device and use it for it's greatness now and wait for the good stuff to come, which it will the phone has only been out for almost 2 weeks now (this phone is still NEW)

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Admin
    Hey SGK, welcome to the site.

Im aware of the reasons, Bat, I just think people are judging it to quickly and whining way to much. It may not be the leader of the pack, but gees its really not as bad as people make it out to be.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links