contacts pictures

This is a discussion on contacts pictures within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; How do you assign a picture to each contact?:confused:...

Thread: contacts pictures

contacts pictures

How do you assign a picture to each contact?:confused:

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Set photo manually

When viewing the contact list:

1. tap on the contact you want to assign a pic to
    2. tap the menu key (the one that looks like four squares)
    3. tap edit

next to the name is a squarish looking icon with a plus sign, tap there.

You will be prompted to take a photo or use an existing photo

If you use an existing photo you will be taken to your picture gallery, select a photo by tapping on it. You will now see yur photo with an edit box superimposed over it. Position the box by moving it and dragging it to size it. When you have the area of the photo you want selected tap on the check mark.

If you choose to take a photo, the camera will start. Take a pic and you will be prompted to "attach" or "Cancel". Cancel takes you back to the contact, selecting attach will display your pic with a box over it. You can move the box but not resize it. Position it where you want and tap Save.

You do not have to save the contact after setting, changing, or removing a photo.

Select Photo Source

To select on of your account as the source for your contact pictures:

1. Run Account Settings from the application tray (the arrow tab, it's between the tab with the phone handset and the one with the head and shoulders icon)
    2. tap menu key
    3. tap "picture source'

Select the account you want to use from the list (I only have one possible source, nut I am assuming if you have more you'll get a list).

Your phone will now grab the pictures form the account you choose. This may take some time if you have a lot of contacts.

Junior Member georgiejr_attdroids's Avatar
    if my pictures are on the sd card, how to I assign a contact to a picture in my sd card. also, how do i assign a ringtone for contacts and notifications when my ringtones (mp3) are in my sd card.

Thank you

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links