Considering the backflip. Currently using Fuze

This is a discussion on Considering the backflip. Currently using Fuze within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I'm a current HTC Fuze user, but tomorrow I'm due for a new phone. I don't want an iPhone and I'm kinda sick of WinMo. ...

Thread: Considering the backflip. Currently using Fuze

Considering the backflip. Currently using Fuze

I'm a current HTC Fuze user, but tomorrow I'm due for a new phone. I don't want an iPhone and I'm kinda sick of WinMo. Blackberries don't really impress me and the new Symbian isn't here yet so I think Android is the way to go.

I watched some of the reviews and they say it is laggy. That is one of my issues with the Fuze. Even though I have a cooked ROM that is supposed to make it faster and less bloated it really is quite slow. I have to push the hangup button about 4 or 5 times before I just push the End Call on the touch screen. It also takes Opera about 20 seconds to get to the point where I can enter a URL.

Is it too much to ask for a responsive touch screen smart phone with a physical keyboard, normal headphone jack and Wifi?

Searching for Fuze didn't return too many results here. Any former Fuze users out there who can comment on the responsiveness?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I came from an iphone. I havn't noticed the "LAG" they speak about on the internet with this phone. The only thing that I have noticed is every now and then I will notice lag when swiping between my home screens. But I also have my phone heavily skinned so I'm sure it's because of this.

Even still with the almighty powerful iphone i had the same lag, which is most likely because it was jailbroken but it needed to be to even use the potential of a phone which is why i moved over to android.

All in all I don't see the lag people gripe about to be an issue on my end.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

I still have my fuze and switch back and forth between my fuze and backflip.The backflip is responsive.I have alot of fairly largs apps that load at startup wich seem to affect the speed a bit for me.If you want a fast phone you can't have too many things start at boot up however it still isnt as slow as my fuze.The fuze and backflip have similar internal hardware but the android OS seems to be alot more light weight than WM.I suggest going to an att store and see if they wont take one out of the box and let you experience it in it's "just out of the box" state.As for everything else i do miss cooked ROMs (thats why i still use my fuze (= ) and wish this phone was rooted.Two things you will notice is missing is google search replaced by yahoo (why?) and the setting that will allow you to install non-market apps has been removed(again...why?) but both of those have semi-fixes.

A lot of the Fuze's problems are definitely the WinMo platform. I have the ported android 2.1 on my Fuze and use it periodically and it is pretty quick. It can't use the camera, GPS, and drains the battery very quickly (like 2 or 3 hours) or else I would use that full time.

Yeah, I owned a fuze a couple phones back (it died), and I have owned 3 Windows Mobile HTC devices total. I wouldn't say that Android/Backflip is superior to Windows Mobile/Fuze in every respect, but I highly doubt you will regret the move

I was actually somewhat loyal to Windows Mobile, and I had high hopes for "Windows Mobile 7", but since Microsoft has (apparently) terminated the Windows Mobile line and instead announced "Windows Phone 7 Series" which I have no interest in, that was more then enough reason for me to make the switch over to Android, as I was already interested in it.

About the only thing I miss from Windows Mobile is one or two apps that don't have a perfect equivalent on Android (yet). Other then that, there are a few things that take getting used to if you are a somewhat advanced user (which it sounds like you are if you are running a cooked ROM), like not being able to tweak the registry and not being able to modify any system files (unless you have root, which the Backflip doesn't yet).

As far as lag, I think the Backflip is pretty responsive (more so then any Windows Mobile phone I have used, and definitely more responsive then what you are describing), but of course it depends on what all you have running in the background. Android also seems to be much more stable then Windows Mobile was. I have only locked up or had it restart on me a couple of times since I got it.

The battery life does seem kind of short on my Backflip though, but then again I have it set on performance mode with Google sync on all the way, plus a seperate push email program that I use for my work email, and it still gets me through the work day, so I guess that's not too bad.

I think when it comes down to it though, the thing I like best about the Backflip over the Fuze is just the overall usability of the device. The finger friendly capacitive touchscreen and Android user interface make the device much easier and more enjoyable to use IMHO.

I have been using my Backflip for almost a month now. I'm pretty happy with it. The only time I see any lagginess is at startup when apps are starting... mostly the bloat from AT&T. Once it is up, I kill everything nonessential and all is good. I am syncing two email accounts to my phone, and I text often during the day but I still get good battery life. I normally end the day with about 65% remaining. The only real problems I've had are the occasional reboot and an issue with the SIM card that others on the board have mentioned that results in losing connection to 3G and dropping back to Edge. I went to AT&T Store and they swapped SIM with me and it appears to have fixed it. Other than that, I'm happy with it. I like the configurability of the phone compared with things like Blackberry or WinMo that are less than customizable.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links