Still Deciding

This is a discussion on Still Deciding within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Cool. I'm sure that will still take us over an hour to do. We seem to struggle here in Chicago with activating phones in the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still Deciding

Smile

Cool. I'm sure that will still take us over an hour to do. We seem to struggle here in Chicago with activating phones in the stores. We've tried 2 different ones, with the same results. Maybe it's just simpler to order them on-line........

For the record, my Backflip's in-call audio quality is stellar. In fact, I would say it's the best of any phone I or my wife have ever had, including a BB curve and an iphone. I would also say the Backflip is miles ahead of any BB with regard to smartphone capabilities, mostly because of Android (even though it's running android 1.5).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    For the record, my Backflip's in-call audio quality is stellar....
    I concur. I've received several unsolicited compliments on the call quality of my voice from others. I'm impressed with both in-call sound and speaker phone sound on this device.

Regarding on-line purchase in contrast to the AT&T store - I was able to acquire the [ame="http://wireless.amazon.com/Motorola-Backflip-Android-Phone-AT/dp/B003A4HWYU/ref=cell_dp_upa"]Backflip from Amazon Wireless[/ame] for $.01. Yes, my credit card was charged a single penny. That's $198.99 less than the AT&T store and I did not have to wait on a mailed $100 gift card as a rebate. I also never activated nor switched to the newly provided SIM card (I already had a smart-phone on a data plan). In fact, I never spoke to any human at all, and have needed no adjustments on my account whatsoever.

Thanks for the follow-up on the sound quality. I'm trying to convince her to get the Bflip also. Sound quality is important, as it is still a phone.

I'm leaning towards the on-line option, but we do not have phones on data plans now. Is activating the SIM card hard to do?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fiji93 View Post
    ...Is activating the SIM card hard to do?
    Not hard at all.

You just make a phone call to an 800 number and you're activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    For the record, my Backflip's in-call audio quality is stellar. In fact, I would say it's the best of any phone I or my wife have ever had, including a BB curve and an iphone. I would also say the Backflip is miles ahead of any BB with regard to smartphone capabilities, mostly because of Android (even though it's running android 1.5).
    Quote Originally Posted by scout19d3 View Post
    I concur. I've received several unsolicited compliments on the call quality of my voice from others. I'm impressed with both in-call sound and speaker phone sound on this device.

Regarding on-line purchase in contrast to the AT&T store - I was able to acquire the Backflip from Amazon Wireless for $.01. Yes, my credit card was charged a single penny. That's $198.99 less than the AT&T store and I did not have to wait on a mailed $100 gift card as a rebate. I also never activated nor switched to the newly provided SIM card (I already had a smart-phone on a data plan). In fact, I never spoke to any human at all, and have needed no adjustments on my account whatsoever.
    Hmmm well I guess you are one of the lucky ones. You coukd do a search and see tons of threads and post on call qyality and how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    Hmmm well I guess you are one of the lucky ones. You coukd do a search and see tons of threads and post on call qyality and how bad it is.
    My call quality is also very good both transmitting and receiving. I often ask how I'm being heard and invariably they say 'good' or 'fine'.

I think it's to be expected that there aren't going to be lots of posts from people with no voice quality problems while there most likely will be from those to do have a problem.

It's really only the ones with problems who post, after all.

Just wondering, is the quality of the calls different on 3G vs 'edge'?

Quote Originally Posted by fiji93 View Post
    Just wondering, is the quality of the calls different on 3G vs 'edge'?
    I'm pretty sure that calls have nothing to do with the 3G or edge data networks.

And, if that's true, the quality wouldn't either.

Of course, I've been wrong before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links