Thanks Apple...It's been a "he'll" of a ride

This is a discussion on Thanks Apple...It's been a "he'll" of a ride within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I got the first case of technolust in a long time, a few years back when Apple first introduced the iphone. I remember driving home ...

Thread: Thanks Apple...It's been a "he'll" of a ride

Thanks Apple...It's been a "he'll" of a ride

I got the first case of technolust in a long time, a few years back when Apple first introduced the iphone. I remember driving home in my car with it, talking to a friend who'd just purchased one as well. I'll never forget his words..."I pity the people who don't have this phone". I felt the same way at the time. However, the glamor soon wore off. Constantly broken iphone speakers, poor call quality, poor audio playback, and a long periods of wondering when Apple would grace us with simple things other phones could do out of the box (cut an paste, multitasking, flash, tethering, etc.) were enough for me. I realized last weekend, that I'd probably re-corrected the iphone spelling auto-correction tool probably a thousand times over the last three years. Pledging, "No more" (which the iphone re-corrected to "No Move") I went down to the AT&T store. Two of the three employees sympathized...the iphone halo was gone for them too. When I told them I was thinking about the Backflip they both nodded and said, "It's next on our list too". One of the guys in the store then said, "He'll yeah" and we all laughed.

It is surprising (and probably a testament to the game-changing nature of the iphone) at how uncomfortable I was making the decision to switch. I didn't know that much about the Backflip. My last Motorola phone was the candy bar shaped Rokr (I think that was what it was called). It had an early implementation of itunes (which sucked). But the phone was built like a tank, and Motorola has a pretty good history of keeping their models around for a while, so I decided to take the plunge.

Right now I'm really glad I did. I think the Backflip has some kinks to work out, and AT&T has killed a little bit of the love with their overbranding, but I'm really loving this phone right now. I can't stop playing with it, customizing it, trying the new features, typing etc. I can tell it's going to be a comfortable little phone that is going to be with me for a while.

Anyways, glad I found this forum, and hope to participate more in the future. :motorola:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Glad you like the phone, welcome to the forums, nice to have you.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by robertreynolds View Post
    ...I can't stop playing with it, customizing it, trying the new features, etc... and hope to participate more in the future.
    Welcome to the forum, robertreynolds.

Always glad to see another fiddler, customizer and 'phone menu explorer' around here.

Good stuff!!

Welcome! I never get tired of hearing about someone switching from iphone to android.

I just switched recently as well, got my backflip last friday. I love it! It's like having the best of both worlds, a "smart" phone, that can do what everyone elses phones can do too.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenShox View Post
    I just switched recently as well, got my backflip last friday. I love it! It's like having the best of both worlds, a "smart" phone, that can do what everyone elses phones can do too.
    Welcome to you too, GoldenShox.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links