Time Out!

This is a discussion on Time Out! within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Can someone please help me to figure out how to make my phone stop "timing out" on me while I am scrolling through my address ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Out!

Angry Time Out!

Can someone please help me to figure out how to make my phone stop "timing out" on me while I am scrolling through my address book or looking at pictures our even dialing numbers:confused:?

Very frustrating!

Shawnna

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnna View Post
    Can someone please help me to figure out how to make my phone stop "timing out" on me while I am scrolling through my address book or looking at pictures our even dialing numbers:confused:?

Very frustrating!

Shawnna

You probably looked in Settings under Display, already?

Are you kidding??! That's why I'm on this site, cuz I don't know how to operate this phone!

Thanks. Just changed it from 30 seconds to NEVER. Old people and technology :-)

Are you kidding??! That's why I'm on this site, cuz I don't know how to operate this phone!

Thanks. Just changed it from 30 seconds to NEVER. Old people and technology :-)
    Nobody is older than me. You'll have to think of some other excuse.

But, hey! Thanks for making my day. :rofl3:

Okay, one more and then YOU'LL make MY day! When I had my Blaackberry, I was able to get my ATT email directly to my phone. That no longer happens. I can get gmail, but not ATT which is my primary address. When I go to Account Settings, I see my ATT address set for the Blur ( the guy in the store did it) but my mail does not come to the phone.

Any ideas?

Okay, one more and then YOU'LL make MY day! When I had my Blaackberry, I was able to get my ATT email directly to my phone. That no longer happens. I can get gmail, but not ATT which is my primary address. When I go to Account Settings, I see my ATT address set for the Blur ( the guy in the store did it) but my mail does not come to the phone.

Any ideas?
    Press menu --> "settings" --> scroll down to and select "accounts" --> the click "Add account" --> select email and put in your email address and password. It should automatically add your at&t e-mail. You do this for almost all types of e-mail.

If it does not automatically connect these should be the settings:
    pop: pop.att.yahoo.com
    smtp: smtp.att.yahoo.com
    and then click Use an encrypted connection (SSL)
    change the SMTP port to 465.
    change the POP3 port to 995

The messages keeps telling me that my login failed, but it is the same login I used to set up the Blur which is my email address at AT&T.

The messages keeps telling me that my login failed, but it is the same login I used to set up the Blur which is my email address at AT&T.
    It sounds like one or another of the Advanced Settings made by the guy at the store when he set up your email account aren't right.

Your email ID and password may be correct but if all the other settings aren't correct too, you'll get that message.

Do you have that email account set up and working ok on your PC?

If so, just copy all the settings in your PC including the mail server names and everything in Advanced Settings to the account set up in your phone.

Okay, update. I set up the account to the point that it now shows on the phone. However, I am now getting the notification message "Authentication error receiving". There is an ornage triangle with an exclamation point inside of it.

I was able to draft an email, but it has not been sent.

Oh yes, to answer your question. My email works fine on my laptop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links