I did a backflip!

This is a discussion on I did a backflip! within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey there, So my old phone died, I walked into the AT&T store not sure what I would get next. I chose the BackFlip. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did a backflip!

I did a backflip!

Hey there,

So my old phone died, I walked into the AT&T store not sure what I would get next. I chose the BackFlip. I did read about it a little bit and it sounded impressive.
    It's definitely a device which requires a bit of training as it didn't seem intuitive. I am slowly getting used to it. There seems to be a lot of bloatware which I will be getting rid of soon. I charged my phone overnight and when I woke up (6 hrs) it was dead..hmm, so not the most solid first impression but I am hoping it would improve.

Nice to see a forum out here, it'll be fun interacting with fellow backflippers! Have fun...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forums.....is the phone still dead?

Don't worry yourself with the "bloat-ware" as you can't get rid of it .

Heya..nah, I charged it in the morning, turned off GPS, news updates..the battery did pretty well so far. There was a problem with my data connection so I didnt use the phone much at all. Got it rectified couple of hours ago and have been playing with it.

hmm..can't get rid of the bloat-ware at all? hmm..I thought I saw something in here...

Nope. The preloaded apps cannot be removed until/unless the phone is rooted.

im relatively new and agree with the new guy..this bloatware blows. cant wait for this to get rooted. cant come fast enough for me

I explored the backflip a bit more last night and I couldn't put the phone down for about 3 hours...the Android experience is awesome. I went crazy exploring all the applications and downloaded quite a few. I am beginning to love it more and more. Battery life has certainly improved. 18 hrs 50% usage so far.

How do the experts go about managing their contacts? Do you use the Motoblur account at all or do you just import your contacts? Right now, my contact list seems crazy un-manageable, but the good thing is that I can group my contacts and display only those groups. Is that the way to go?

Welcome to the forums.. I group my contacts. That's the only thing that's gets me about this phone. It has all my facebook and twitter friends on the phone too, which takes up a lot of space seeing as though I have over 2000 of each plus my regular contacts

The easiest way of managing the contacts is through your desktop through your Google account. As Tae stated, you'll probably have an easier go at it if you create groups to sort the contacts together.

I wonder how frequently my google contacts are synced with the contacts in the phone? I just created a whole bunch of groups, edited names etc on my google account and don't yet see it on my cell. Anyway I can force it to sync? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mahade1 View Post
    I wonder how frequently my google contacts are synced with the contacts in the phone? I just created a whole bunch of groups, edited names etc on my google account and don't yet see it on my cell. Anyway I can force it to sync? Thanks!
    Yes. You can force sync by removing your accounts from the phone and then re-adding them again, but you could potentially lose some settings in doing this (linked contacts, etc).

I think you can also reset the frequency of how often it syncs with the various social networks, but I don't remember where I saw that option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links