New to Android OS and deciding on getting backfilp

This is a discussion on New to Android OS and deciding on getting backfilp within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello, obviously I am new, and yes i have a Iphone the old one the.... Iphone 3g and i hate it... i walked into the ...

Thread: New to Android OS and deciding on getting backfilp

New to Android OS and deciding on getting backfilp

Hello, obviously I am new, and yes i have a Iphone the old one the.... Iphone 3g and i hate it...
    i walked into the AT&T store and i looked again at the motorola backflip, and the salesmen showed me the new aria, that recently came out.

the main thing i HATE about the Iphone Peroid is that is has NO PHYSICal keybaord!!! hence why i am in the market for a new phone.

yes i know the iphone 4 is commin out this thursday but i dont want it! anyway back to what i was saying before...

i explained to the salesmen that i wanted a phone w/ a physical keybaord and wasnt really familiar with the Android OS... i mean now a days there are so many welll only (3 OS's to choose from depending on what phone you choose. ( apple's OS) RIM's Blackberry' or the dun dun dun duuuhnnn ANDROID

anyway.. he showed me the quickness of the android's OS on the Aria and i was like HOLY **** this OS is fast, it made the .. iphone look slow.. granted u can now download the.. new Iphone oS 4, but this isnt the right forum for that... anyway

WHy i want the backflip is i like the unique design and it has the physical keybaord good camera, and expandable MicroSD card slot for lots of music ect.

i mainly use my phone for text messaging and checking face book thats pretty much it..

i like customability like making ringtones and such, and being able to HEAR my phone. Loud phones are good. but thats just me. so ive researeched all afternoon on the android OS and I'm a bit sad.... on the motorola website it says the backflip is upgradeable to.. the 2.1 which ... isnt ..avaiable yet......... and wont be released till Q3 of 2010 but other than that how much is the phone enjoyable despite not being able to get the update im sure the backflip deserves!

that is my intro, so i look forward to comments and other useres suggestions/opinions of what they think personally of the backflip. I do like the Aria but it lacks the physical keyboard.

Thank yoU!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Honestly, 1.5 isn't that terrible. We're all really looking forward to getting 2.1, but it's not like the phone is a lemon without it. The Backflip is a great little phone, definitely light years ahead of the iphone 3G.

As far as Backflip vs. Aria, the main difference is that the Aria (aside from the lack of a physical keyboard) is that it ships with 2.1 and has slightly better specs. If you can't wait a couple months for 2.1 and you don't care about having a physical keyboard, definitely go for the Aria. I personally cannot live without a physical keyboard, so I would never choose the Aria, but that's me. Also, we don't yet know how the Backflip compares performance-wise when running 2.1, but I suspect that they will be pretty similar (as it is now, the Aria is noticeably snappier according to most people).

Either way, I highly recommend ditching Apple and going for an Android phone. You'll never look back. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much in the pipeline from AT&T when it comes to Android phones, so you could be waiting a while for something on par with the N1, Incredible, EVO, etc.

Hi Speed3Freak,
    I agree with Zarathustra. I think the physical keyboard on the BackFlip is great. The keyboard is one of the main reasons I bought the BackFlip. Another plus for me anyway was the camera flash. My wife and I enjoy taking pictures and the ability to not to have to carry an extra device is really nice. I have no complaints about the phone currently. I also have not experienced many of the flaws others have described such as lag. Of course I came from a Samsung BlackJack II, which was a nice phone, but much slower than the current phones.

First off, Thank you so much for your reply!! I agree with you whole heartedly, i can NOT LIVE WITHOUT A PHYSICAL KEYBOARD!! but im sure i can live w/ the 1.5 OS since it has come a bit of a ways since it debuetd itself with the google phone with android 1.0 ? the EVO from sprint looks intresting but its on sprint and im on AT&T and i dont wanna switch, but thank you again so much for your reply! i cant wait to go and get it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Honestly, 1.5 isn't that terrible. We're all really looking forward to getting 2.1, but it's not like the phone is a lemon without it. The Backflip is a great little phone, definitely light years ahead of the iphone 3G.

As far as Backflip vs. Aria, the main difference is that the Aria (aside from the lack of a physical keyboard) is that it ships with 2.1 and has slightly better specs. If you can't wait a couple months for 2.1 and you don't care about having a physical keyboard, definitely go for the Aria. I personally cannot live without a physical keyboard, so I would never choose the Aria, but that's me. Also, we don't yet know how the Backflip compares performance-wise when running 2.1, but I suspect that they will be pretty similar (as it is now, the Aria is noticeably snappier according to most people).

Either way, I highly recommend ditching Apple and going for an Android phone. You'll never look back. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much in the pipeline from AT&T when it comes to Android phones, so you could be waiting a while for something on par with the N1, Incredible, EVO, etc.

I find that very intresting because i have a friend who still has a blackjack II, and he likes it but is waiting for windows mobile 7 to come out. I dont think his phone however will be able to handle the OS. but i cant wait to try the world of Android!!!! I'll let y'all know when i get it hopefully it'll be today. Thank you again for your replies!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotth1354 View Post
    Hi Speed3Freak,
    I agree with Zarathustra. I think the physical keyboard on the BackFlip is great. The keyboard is one of the main reasons I bought the BackFlip. Another plus for me anyway was the camera flash. My wife and I enjoy taking pictures and the ability to not to have to carry an extra device is really nice. I have no complaints about the phone currently. I also have not experienced many of the flaws others have described such as lag. Of course I came from a Samsung BlackJack II, which was a nice phone, but much slower than the current phones.

Pretty sure that Microsoft has said that no existing phones will get WM7.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links