Any alternatives to unlocking the screen?

This is a discussion on Any alternatives to unlocking the screen? within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I got the backflip several days ago. I really love everything about it, except this one thing: i have to press the power button and ...

Thread: Any alternatives to unlocking the screen?

Any alternatives to unlocking the screen?

I got the backflip several days ago. I really love everything about it, except this one thing: i have to press the power button and press left handside button to unlock it. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I would rather just do a complicated unlock pattern. The current unlocking is so clumsy i will probably return the backflip and get another phone if I can't figure this out. I mean the engineers must have thought about some alternative, no?:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There are some 3rd party "locking" apps you can install. Lock 2.0 is one of them. It's main feature is that it replaces the lock screen with a slider ala the iPhone. It also lets you press any of the other physical buttons on the phone (camera, volume) to turn the screen back on. Lock 2.0 has a free and a paid version.

Lockbot is another replacement. It also also allows you to press any of the physical buttons to wake up the phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links