so wtf was this "update" for? i hate the backflip!

This is a discussion on so wtf was this "update" for? i hate the backflip! within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Everyone was so ancy to get this update for the backflip and I got it last night. Waste of time, with absolutely no changes. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so wtf was this "update" for? i hate the backflip!

Junior Member jonny.paine@yahoo.com's Avatar

so wtf was this "update" for? i hate the backflip!

Everyone was so ancy to get this update for the backflip and I got it last night. Waste of time, with absolutely no changes. I really regret getting this phone now. motorola is trickin ppl with this update to hold them off till android 2.1 comes out. Motoblur is pointless unless ur a 13 year old girl obsessed with myspace. They said q3 was when the major update would take place and we are already into july and there isn't even a date set yet. I sound stupid for complaining, I know. But all these new phones are coming out, like iphone 4 and I shouldn't spent so much on this out of date android ****. UPDATE TO 2.1 or froyo already. Why did I get the phone that is going to update last (all the tmobile and verizon phones have already updated) u ask? I HAVE NO IDEA. Let's boycott and all call motorola and tell them to get off their lazy asses (:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

well technically all of tmobiles phones are not allready updated but the really sad part is the one thats not is our sister phone the cliq

Sam
    Edited you post. Watch your language.

tmobile and verizon have also had android phones a lot longer than us. The backflip is what how old? 4 months? if that? come on people have waited for a year to get 2.1 we cant get it instantly.

Nobody ever said the update that was just released (13.37) was really anything more than a stability/useability fix. It was never advertised as adding new features or being any kind of major update.

And yes, we are into July. Wow. So that means that Motorola still has about 2.5 months to deliver the upgrade to 2.1 and still be on time. Yes it can be frustrating having to wait but let's give them the benefit of the doubt, at least for now, until they miss their promised timeframe.

If we boycott Motorola, how will they continue to sour apple? (haha play on words :P) I actually like the backflip, coming from an iPhone 3g, it's well worth it for me to be able to plug my phone into my friends computer and sync my music, without wiping my entire library/jailbreaking my phone. Or if I'm REALLY feeling lazy I can just bluetooth the songs.

And motoblur is actually one of my favorite parts about this phone. Let's say you need to call someone about something that's wrong with your car (Happened to me) and you don't know anybody's number that you can call, but your facebook friend Bob is amazing with cars, you have his number in your contacts without even trying.

Plus, my friends call my backflip "the creeper phone" because it stores everybody's number into my contacts without me even knowing.

Just wait until 2.1 rolls out, I'm excited to see what they do with BLUR, and where they plan on taking this phone.

You need to chill out, man. The Backflip is fine. No one, least of all Motorola, is tricking you. And no one made you buy the phone. I know it's frustrating waiting for 2.1, but as others have said, the phone's only been out for 4 months. Be patient.

U are all right, and its very true about the phone being young and all, but on the homepage of this site there is a toll that clearly shows that most ppl would update without 2.1. I'm not saying its gonna happen but after about 2 months of having this phone, I deleted all the widgets that even involved motoblur. I love the sleek look of my digital clock widget, isearch widget, messaging and browser icons alone on the home screen. I love the design of the phone too, but 2.1 will just make this phone dominate. Its frustrating too cos when I bought this phone at the att store I asked the clerk when the update for this phone would be and he said "about a month"... the update did (I noticed it today) fix a few things. Thank u to everyone who responded

Oops!

Without motoblur**

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links