Android virgin no more!

This is a discussion on Android virgin no more! within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hey guys! Well I finally got my first phone :-D. It's the Captivate and I couldn't be happier! The Captivate, however, was originally only my ...

Thread: Android virgin no more!

Talking Android virgin no more!

Hey guys!
    Well I finally got my first phone :-D. It's the Captivate and I couldn't be happier! The Captivate, however, was originally only my second choice:

I first went into the AT&T store to order a white iPhone (put down the rotten tomatoes, it gets better). I was put on the waiting list (as expected) but the very next day Apple decides to tell the world the white iPhones won't even ship for another eternity. I was already fairly low on the wait list and probably wouldn't get my iPhone for at least a month and this delay (on top of Apple just being evil with everything they've been doing) didn't help matters. I ran back into the AT&T store, canceled my order, and purchased a Captivate instead.

WOW! I never had extensive hands-on with an android phone, but holy hell I was immediately impressed. I'm SO GLAD the iPhone was delayed, otherwise I probably would have never known the nirvana that is Android.

Now that I have it, I'm really looking forward to rooting/flashing it and getting the best performance out of it possible. This forum looks to be incredibly helpful with all things ATT-Android so I can't wait to dive in!

Anyways, my name's Jake and my recent phones include the HTC Fuze, Blackberry 8900, and several crappy candybars. I like long walks on the beach, singing songs around a campfire, and messing around with .

Glad to be here :-D
    -Jake

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good thing that Apple doesn't know how to paint devices that aren't computers white.

Glad to have you aboard.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

dandroid
    Welcome to the forum Jake and congrats on your Captivate purchase!

Member wikidcerealkilla_attdroids's Avatar

Cool

Awesome dude... I am on my second android phone with my Backflip... I tell u what tho, this might be bottom of the android chain but I wouldn't trade it for the iPhone at all... my room mate broke the screen on her iphone and she thought with all the up talk about my android, she might-as-well get one... she got the captivate, OMG.... its amazing. Everyday I ask her how she likes it and she says "I see what u mean!" Lmao I love it... switching another iphone user. And this forum? Wow never was one about forums but I am here everyday. The tips and tricks they show u are amazing. Jake glad to see another android powered user... I think if the world ran off android we would get stuff don't lol.

Welcome to the forums. Glad you like your Captivate. Personally, I have suspicions that the delay with the white Iphones has to do with them trying to re-engineer a fix for the antenna issue. Could be wrong though.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I've heard that too, but in my opinion, the white one looks so much better that I would've gotten it anyways. But that's just me.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links